technic

General strategy discussion.

Moderator: Moderator

Whentlet
2 star member

new strategy

Postby Whentlet » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:29 am

Look,I think I,m gonna re-write the book on poker.This crap with coming in pre-flop with a huge bet is ridiculous,unless your pocketed.& even then you have to be in position,so nobody goes over the top on you.LISTEN.your cards are only as good as the flop.you can bet your ace all day long & it's no good unless you pair.Mind you I'm talking about touneys ,where there's always a full table.Just had to get this off my chest.Absolute drives me nuts at the beginning of a tourney.You get sucked out so often.
Tionevilly
5 star member

Postby Tionevilly » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:01 pm

I try to play very few hands early because of the all-ins. Sure alot of times your pocket 7s will beat the all-ins rags but is it worth getting knocked out. I find its almost easier to get chips off better players in tourneys. Take advantage of the high stacks as they tend to play alot more hands.
Coveregs
2 star member

Postby Coveregs » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:11 pm

that's true, especially when there are as many as 2000 people actively playing such as in absolute. waiting like 10 or 20 minutes before the start of the tourney is good advise, considering like half the players drop out in that time. you seem to see more people coming out with huge bets though. if they have something or not is for you to decide i suppose. i know how it feels though getting out on like the first hand with a super hand by some loser who goes all in with 2 7 off and full houses or something gay like that.
Knothad
1 star member

technic

Postby Knothad » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:51 am

Look,I think I,m gonna re-write the book on poker.This crap with coming in pre-flop with a huge bet is ridiculous,unless your pocketed.& even then you have to be in position,so nobody goes over the top on you.LISTEN.your cards are only as good as the flop.you can bet your ace all day long & it's no good unless you pair.Mind you I'm talking about touneys ,where there's always a full table.Just had to get this off my chest.Absolute drives me nuts at the beginning of a tourney.You get sucked out so often.

Return to “General strategy”