poker host .....

Name your black listed poker sites, and why they are black listed.

Moderator: Moderator

Themem
2 star member

poker host

Postby Themem » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:49 pm

players beware. i have heard lots of horror stories. i myself haven't experienced it yet. just wanted to give a warning. they don't always release funds.
ACEDUECE
1 star member

Postby ACEDUECE » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:40 pm

Just my two cents on this.Poker Host has been given a bad rep due to the fact that people do not read the terms and conditions after signing up.
Poker Host clearly states on their homepage the conditions of freeroll winnings and bonus money on the site.IT IS PROMOTIONAL MONEY that cannot be withdrawn before deposit unless the raked hands are played.I made the same mistake also.Won  $100 in freeroll money before deposit and then saw i had to play 500 hands at $1-2 to release.My mistake.

For a minimum deposit of $20 or $25 i think all of this can be avoided at Card Room ,Poker Host,and Sinful.If you make the deposit you should have no problems at all cashing out.Their banking system is fine and on top of things.48 hours usually for cashout with no hassles at all.
Bodn1981
1 star member

Postby Bodn1981 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:14 am

Also you cannot receive a wpt, wsop, etc., if you are not a depositor. :cry:
Whimmuz

Postby Whimmuz » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:51 pm

i didn`t know that. woow.. i waz going to deposit there.. ty
Donsfult1976
1 star member

Postby Donsfult1976 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:43 pm

Hopefully since they spent some money gettting some pros to endorse the site they will spend a ton of money upgrading their software.  I can't stand it.  It always bombs out in the middle of a tourney.
Cataing
1 star member

Postby Cataing » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:39 am

i've heard of a lot of crap about pokerhost and its administration.  many forums have banned it because of their players not getting tgheir $$ for wins etc.  

May be all hearsay but you don't typically hear so much enthusiasm about not playing a particulatr site.

look around..

-o
Diater
1 star member

poker host

Postby Diater » Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:06 pm

i have no problems with poker host at all.  sbcglobal asked me to transfer my winnings and gave me $10 free just to tranfer my account.  poker host then allowed me to create another account...now both accounts are able to cash out when needed.   :)

swami66
Posely2
2 star member

Postby Posely2 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:05 pm

The only time that I palyed on pokerhost was when I won a freeroll. I didnt have any problems with it.
Untake
2 star member

Postby Untake » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:32 pm

Stories are true...I won some money there a long time ago in a private freeroll. A little while later I made a small deposit to be able to withdraw...or so I thought. They gave me some bs story about the money I was trying to withdraw was their bonus money from my deposit. It was all crap and many emails later my money is still there. I rarely play there anymore unless it is a private forum event. And as for their so called upgrade several months ago, LOL! They spent all that time and money and half the time I am a guy avatar at the table...what a joke!
Estoom
1 star member

poker host .....

Postby Estoom » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:49 pm

dont know about the fund release but I have had enough ridiculous bad beat downs there enuf I will never deposit again.Once I was playing and was playing my A game and was playing like a rock ...started gettingAA KK AK QQ etc . and every time I tried to work the table I would get called down every  time I would dominate every time till the river till my lousy $48 bucks were gone ...........no way it was bad luck...beware
Tyrdeed
1 star member

Postby Tyrdeed » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:21 pm

Pokerhost updated their software and it seems pretty good.  I wouldn't be surprised if more and more find their way playing at PH.  It's definitely a site to look at.  If you are already a high roller you don't need to find another home other than Fulltilt.  For smaller bank players they usually go from site to site.  Hopefully soon I'll find a true home.
Sperady2
1 star member

Postby Sperady2 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:29 am

[quote="ACEDUECE"]Just my two cents on this.Poker Host has been given a bad rep due to the fact that people do not read the terms and conditions after signing up.
Poker Host clearly states on their homepage the conditions of freeroll winnings and bonus money on the site.IT IS PROMOTIONAL MONEY that cannot be withdrawn before deposit unless the raked hands are played.I made the same mistake also.Won  $100 in freeroll money before deposit and then saw i had to play 500 hands at $1-2 to release.My mistake.

For a minimum deposit of $20 or $25 i think all of this can be avoided at Card Room ,Poker Host,and Sinful.If you make the deposit you should have no problems at all cashing out.Their banking system is fine and on top of things.48 hours usually for cashout with no hassles at all.[/quote]

Thanks, I play there a lot and make a lot but haven't put a deposit in. It's the only place where I win anything. I like that site. I also heard they do pay. And, the people on there are real nice.

Return to “Black Listed Poker Sites”