hmmm...

How to play a specific hand. Remember to mention if the question concerns Hold'em/Ohama/Stud, Limit/No-Limit, Ring game/Tourney.

Moderator: Moderator

Ouseetteled
3 star member

JJ (Article I)

Postby Ouseetteled » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:59 pm

ALL IN PRE FLOP.  That's the only way I've learned.  If everyone folds; fine. If 1 caller; good luck to ya.

[Original title: JJ. The subject was changed so the article could be included in the Strategy Archive. - Note by danadolf]
Mosticen
1 star member

Postby Mosticen » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:40 pm

JJ is probably the most difficult hand to play in No Limit Hold Em Poker.  The problem lies in the fact that anyone with AK AQ  or AA KK QQ is going to call or reraise any thing you bet. Obviously your behind the last 3, but even the first 2 are 50/50 to outdraw you, and if they do you are way behind.  Also, many people have a hard time of letting go of Ax and they may catch that A that beats you.
What I do with JJ is raise 5or 6 times the BB. As long as I'm not reraised, I'm probably not facing AA KK or QQ.  Any flop without an overcard is good and I can bet big and should take the pot.  See an overcard and I treat my JJ as if it was pocket twos that missed the flop. The reason most people lose with JJ is they go allin preflop, and now you can't get off it even if you wanted to, or they keep betting after the flop comes with an overcard.
Even if you play it right, you can still lose (but that can be said about any two hole cards) but play it wrong and you WILL lose.
Usad1995
2 star member

Re: JJ

Postby Usad1995 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:54 pm

POKERSTER9 wrote:ALL IN PRE FLOP.  That's the only way I've learned.  If everyone folds; fine. If 1 caller; good luck to ya.

YEAH I AGREE ALL IN PREFLOP. I hate doin that but that is the only legit way to play pocket jacks
Kingliturt

hmmm...

Postby Kingliturt » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:19 pm

yeah, JJ is kind of hard to play because usually you get called by AQ, AK, AA, KK or QQ.  But more then likely you will win.
Farright1969
2 star member

Postby Farright1969 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:28 pm

u have to play aggressively preflop and then pray the A K Q doesnt hit but when it does hit, and it will hit, bluff like u hit it and it they call or raise u then u have a problem, lol.  proceed with caution!! :D
Farright1969
2 star member

Postby Farright1969 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:30 pm

bluffking21 wrote:JJ is probably the most difficult hand to play in No Limit Hold Em Poker.  The problem lies in the fact that anyone with AK AQ  or AA KK QQ is going to call or reraise any thing you bet. Obviously your behind the last 3, but even the first 2 are 50/50 to outdraw you, and if they do you are way behind.  Also, many people have a hard time of letting go of Ax and they may catch that A that beats you.
What I do with JJ is raise 5or 6 times the BB. As long as I'm not reraised, I'm probably not facing AA KK or QQ.  Any flop without an overcard is good and I can bet big and should take the pot.  See an overcard and I treat my JJ as if it was pocket twos that missed the flop. The reason most people lose with JJ is they go allin preflop, and now you can't get off it even if you wanted to, or they keep betting after the flop comes with an overcard.
Even if you play it right, you can still lose (but that can be said about any two hole cards) but play it wrong and you WILL lose.

u always copy other peoples posts?

Return to “How to play hand X”