Compensation

Tip the other forum members on upcoming freeroll events.

Moderator: Moderator

Dientiong
5 star member

The Joke: aka, The Forum Freeroll at Games Grid

Postby Dientiong » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:48 pm

The Forum Freeroll at Games Grid had to be the sorriest excuse for a freeroll ever.  If you haven't heard, the software was so messed up that they had to cancel it in the middle of it.

Highlight:  After "playing" a couple orbits around the table, everyone's chips were reset to 1000.  What a joke.
Frogivers1996
1 star member

Postby Frogivers1996 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:53 am

I got cowboys in the small blind...  Couldn't even get my raise in to play them.  Disconnected...  Site sucks... Total waste of time...
Restong
2 star member

Postby Restong » Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:44 am

glad to know i didnt miss anything. i was at a college football game and was pissed when i realized i was going to miss it. oh well. probably a good hting i did.
Brocamens
1 star member

Postby Brocamens » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:17 pm

Lmao, I think I was knocked out 3 times before it canceled!  Yep that site was pretty weak.
Therencough
3 star member

Postby Therencough » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:49 am

I got to play 1 hand before I spent the rest of the time trying to get back on the site.  First I heard of getting to play 3X tho.  :lol:
Ahmand1976
2 star member

GG Intro FR

Postby Ahmand1976 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:12 am

Howdy Y'all -

There's no doubt that the tourney was a disappointment for all players but it didn't bother me as much as it seems to have most others. If memory serves me Prima, Jet, Platinum, Champs, and even AP all had major problems with their first attempts at tourneys with large entry fields. Basically, I pretty much expected it and maybe that's why I'm not as pissed as the rest of you seem to be.

I don't plan to email them asking for any compensation or anything along those lines. I think they'll get quite enough negative feedback without my input. On the other hand, I don't blame those of you in asking for some compensation either. I just think they'll likely learn from this and it'll cost them a considerable amount as it is just to reschedule and add additional prize money for the future event.

I haven't a clue as to how these guys beta test their stuff so I don't know how they could forsee these results. I guess my point is just that I hate to black-list a room for what appears to be an honest attempt at bringing a bunch of players together for a helova lot of free money. I just hope they do resolve their problems and it works out well the next time!

Good luck players!
Dientiong
5 star member

Re: GG Intro FR

Postby Dientiong » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:02 pm

Mauidudi wrote:1:  There's no doubt that the tourney was a disappointment for all players but it didn't bother me as much as it seems to have most others. If memory serves me Prima, Jet, Platinum, Champs, and even AP all had major problems with their first attempts at tourneys with large entry fields. Basically, I pretty much expected it and maybe that's why I'm not as pissed as the rest of you seem to be.

2:  I don't plan to email them asking for any compensation or anything along those lines. I think they'll get quite enough negative feedback without my input. On the other hand, I don't blame those of you in asking for some compensation either. I just think they'll likely learn from this and it'll cost them a considerable amount as it is just to reschedule and add additional prize money for the future event.

3: I haven't a clue as to how these guys beta test their stuff so I don't know how they could forsee these results. I guess my point is just that I hate to black-list a room for what appears to be an honest attempt at bringing a bunch of players together for a helova lot of free money.

1:  Good point Maui.  I think I was more PO'd at being dick teased.  I really was looking forward to playing and I was disappointed when it all fell through.  This is my first experience like this so I've never seen anything like it.  

2:  Compensation?  For what?  Individually, they owe us players nothing.  As a company, and for their own good, they need to try to make it up to us but I don't know that they really owe us anything.  I know you are speaking on behalf of others Maui, so know that I'm not attacking you.

3:  Yeah, I don't think they deserve to be blacklisted just yet.  But this is definitely strike 1, IMO.
Ahmand1976
2 star member

Compensation

Postby Ahmand1976 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:06 pm

Hey GM -

When you've dedicated your time and effort and focused your attention on a specific room for a certain event you've paid a price with your time. Many sites will compensate the "squeaky wheels" with entires into other events and such just for the asking. I know of a few individuals that tried to play this tourney and were compensated in some respect for their waste of time.

My point was only that it was somewhat to be expected. I've seen it many times before and I'm sure I'll see it again. That's why I won't resort to asking for any perks. That said, many feel that all's fair and if the room is willing to offer them something for their time then why not take advantage of it. I can't fault these guys for having that opinion either. It's simply not my MO man.

Anyhow, good luck players!

Return to “Freeroll Events”