Re: Low Pairs

Discussion about starting hands.

Moderator: Moderator

Ansings87
1 star member

starting hands eh?

Postby Ansings87 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:50 pm

It is always good to have AA or KK, i've actually had the best experience with 4 7 off or suited. they have done me good in the past many times, i don't know why this is, but the odds are very low in winning succession.
Dientiong
5 star member

Postby Dientiong » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:42 pm

Why would be playing 4-7 long enough to find out it works for you?  In the big blind once, okay, but multiple times?

PS:  Nice value added to the forum with AA and KK noted as good starting hands.
Romenswour
3 star member

Low Pairs

Postby Romenswour » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:02 pm

:( I never know what to do when I get a pocket low pair like 3's.Do I go in for the flop or fold? When I go in I usually get beat by a higher pair?
Dientiong
5 star member

Re: Low Pairs

Postby Dientiong » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:38 pm

Justa7 wrote::( I never know what to do when I get a pocket low pair like 3's.Do I go in for the flop or fold? When I go in I usually get beat by a higher pair?

In early and mid position, they are only worth a call if it is cheap (ie, the big blind without a raise).  At that point, you are looking for trips.  If trips doesn't come on the flop, you drop.  

In late position, you do the same, unless nobody bets the flop.  Then you throw a semi-bluff bet out there.  If someone calls, you can pretty much consider your hand dead, but at least you tried to take it down when nobody else wanted it or showed strength.

Return to “Starting hands”