low cards

Discussion about starting hands.

Moderator: Moderator

Begaind
2 star member

low cards

Postby Begaind » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:42 am

I was in the BB with 2, 6. When it came back to me someone had doubled the blind, so I went for it, figured what the heck I already had half of it in anyway. The flop was 3,4,5, and I won the hand, but the guy who raised it in the first place was giving me alot of mouth (how could you go a raise with the likes of that?, etc.) and said I knew nothing about playing poker.
I just said "Well I won didn't I?"

Just the luck of the flop I guess....but did I do the right thing?
Theirthe
3 star member

Postby Theirthe » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:49 am

I just said "Well I won didn't I?"

You might have won but I think that was an awful play.
Unless there was only you and him in the hand. If it is 3 handedd you were probably dominated with a raise. Also it matters if you had a large stack you could play looser and were the blinds big (late in the tourney)?
Primses
1 star member

low cards

Postby Primses » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:50 pm

any cards are as good another as its down to luck on the flop etc. at the end of the day you can have high cards all week long but you still need the high ones to go with them
Juseenoth82
3 star member

Postby Juseenoth82 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:42 pm

Far more important than starting hand is knowing when to give up the hand.  Playing low cards is statisticlly not a good idea, but I find it's alot better than that loser.  Lets say he had a good pair to start.  When he didn't flop a set and you strated raising the stakes he should've re-thought his position.  I suspect he put more chips into the pot after you flopped the straight.  That is whats stupid

Return to “Starting hands”