ALERT!!! HR4411 Files Through House

General discussion about poker.

Moderator: Moderator

Ahmand1976
2 star member

ALERT!!! HR4411 Files Through House

Postby Ahmand1976 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:37 pm

Howdy Y'all -

This will likely be a devastating blow to all U.S. on-line poker players. Bill HR4411 was passed by the House of Representatives by a landslide earlier today. Now it will be given to the Senate for their approval. This will show you how your congressman voted:

I did a little searching and found the bill primarily targets on-line transfer sites, credit card companies, and bank wires. I think it will make it illegal for those companies to accept payments from (and possibly to) on-line gambling (poker included) sites. I have no idea as to how long it will be before it could (or will) be placed into law.

I suggest you all seriously consider getting most of your cash out immediately. I intend to leave a small amount here and there for league stuff but that's about it.

Good luck players!
Pred1984
4 star member

Postby Pred1984 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:30 am

I suggest all you Americans who didn't bother to write and/or phone your congressmen prior to the vote get off your hands and make sure your senators hear from you before they vote - preferably loudly and frequently.
Untake
2 star member

Postby Untake » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:35 pm

I heard this on the news yesterday and it pisses me off to no end. I did write to my state's congressmen and had my entire family do the same. I may as well move to frickin Siberia or something because as I have said for a long time we certainly don't leave in any damn FREE country anymore! Why don't they take my tax dollars and spend it wisely on something like getting the pedophiles and perverts off the internet? GGGRRRRRRR.....I am pissed!
Verifirs

Postby Verifirs » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:39 pm

Just another case of the government sticking its nose where it doesn't belong

Return to “General Poker Discussion”