Re: Watch your opponents habits

General discussion about poker.

Moderator: Moderator

Enuenated
3 star member

Watch your opponents habits

Postby Enuenated » Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:00 am

Especially when you aren’t in a hand. The best time to study is when you aren’t emotionally invested in the hand, and you can make more prudent observations. Watch how opponents bet, and how much they bet, in what position are they betting. Learning how your opponents play is key.
Eappy1967
3 star member

Postby Eappy1967 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:49 pm

yeah i guess notes would help with that, most sites ahve the option i use it on a few
Oply1992
2 star member

Postby Oply1992 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:13 pm

my hardest part on the habit area is time they use on decision making--i never know if in fact they are really thinking about something or if their connection is slow or mine is
Therencough
3 star member

Postby Therencough » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:47 am

OR if they are doing it on purpose.  I try to mix up my bet timing so someone doesn't think they have me patterned.  Don't know if it helps much or not though. :?
Frook1971
4 star member

Postby Frook1971 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:28 pm

For the most part that is true of reasonably good players. Fish are fish you won't be able to read them because they don't know what they are doing. Yes you might pick up on a tell when they have a monster hand but it might just be a bad draw that is exciting them. Tells are for higher limits generally. Play micro and low limit straight forward and you will be way ahead of the people your playing against.
Beform2
1 star member

Postby Beform2 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:41 pm

BigPimp420 wrote:Especially when you aren’t in a hand. The best time to study is when you aren’t emotionally invested in the hand, and you can make more prudent observations. Watch how opponents bet, and how much they bet, in what position are they betting. Learning how your opponents play is key.
I like that tip
it is true that not being emotionally invested helps....this site has great tips :lol:
Beform2
1 star member

Postby Beform2 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:42 pm

charterboss wrote:my hardest part on the habit area is time they use on decision making--i never know if in fact they are really thinking about something or if their connection is slow or mine is
hi charter
yes i think its different for sure and not the same as live
Gagoem
4 star member

Postby Gagoem » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:11 am

wptgirl wrote:
BigPimp420 wrote:Especially when you aren’t in a hand. The best time to study is when you aren’t emotionally invested in the hand, and you can make more prudent observations. Watch how opponents bet, and how much they bet, in what position are they betting. Learning how your opponents play is key.
I like that tip
it is true that not being emotionally invested helps....this site has great tips :lol:

That is a good tip.  I find myself getting withdrawn from the game (and my opponent's actions) sometimes, and those valuable insights you can gain from studying your opponents in certain situations could end up being the difference between you making the right decision and the wrong decision.
Cordes
2 star member

Postby Cordes » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:47 pm

I always try and make notes of players behaviours if I can get a read on him.  Even if it is 50% of the time he does something.  AP lets you make a note next to his icon.  This sometimes helps out 2 weeks or a month down the road.

Return to “General Poker Discussion”