I simply hate it

General discussion about poker.

Moderator: Moderator

Beform
2 star member

Don'tcha just hate that

Postby Beform » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:27 pm

Last nights $10+$1 FL MTT.  I rarely play FL but this is the one I play in when I play.  104 entrants last night and I was doing really good till we got down to 12 players.  Paid down to 10 places.  I got KQo and I bet it and get one caller.  Flop has a queen on it.  I keep betting my Q's and he keeps calling.  When it came down to it he had pocket aces.  I'm now down to 3k in chips and crippled with the blinds at the point they are.  You guessed I finished 11th place.  One place out of the money.  Not smart at all on my part.
Whentlet
2 star member

hate that

Postby Whentlet » Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:14 pm

I hear ya! I do the same thing trying to pad my chip count,beacause the blinds are getting up there.,only to get blind sided by a great hand.Your're not alone! :lol:
Youbseep3
1 star member

I simply hate it

Postby Youbseep3 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:19 pm

When you have a great game and have great hands BUT (with capitals) Someone else have just a bit better hand than you all the time! You have the hands you can't fold, invested in the pots and all you get is pffft!

Have had 2 months like that now!
Dientiong
5 star member

Postby Dientiong » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:22 pm

He played you perfectly.  I can't blame you for betting out, unless you recognized him as a solid player, then you may have wanted to back off.  Easier said than done, he probably just looked like he was chasing down an ace.
Nordiris
1 star member

Postby Nordiris » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:10 am

Dude that sucks but yeh that guy really did steal your chips and i guess someone has to finsh one place out of the mney but still bummer
Nowhimed
1 star member

Postby Nowhimed » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:15 pm

that hurts. He slowed played but that happens. I've lost many a good hand that I could not laydown. Lost fullhouse of jacks over queens to queens over jacks, cost me first place. That was a hard one to take, but that's poker

good luck
cydott

Return to “General Poker Discussion”