bluffing

General discussion about poker.

Moderator: Moderator

Ouseetteled
3 star member

My view on Bluffing

Postby Ouseetteled » Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:43 am

Bluffing in Poker is sometimes very difficult to do, you have to remember when bluffing you have to have a table image, what position are you in, was there bets made before you attemp to bluff and how much was the bet for, how many callers, etc.......

Except when its stupid bluffing, bluffing can be an exciting betting action. bluffing can be bold , daring and exciting and you kind of get a rush from taking down a pot.

Sometimes bluffing can take the edge off a tense game, If you dont ever get caught bluffing chances are , you are not bluffing enough. There is A theroy where you bluff only and always when you would get away with it, however as we all know that is just not possible in the real poker world. getting caught actually has its advantages as well, getting caught bluffing once in a while actually pays off in terms of getting called when you do have the good cards.

To much bluffing however can lead to changes in chip leaders very quickly if you bluff every hand you will get caught and eventually be taken down. When you bluff you take a risk at a serious loss, so you should consider the effects of bluffing and you should take that into consideration before you go for that big bluff.

Bluffing is extreme boldness, but you do not want to do to much of a good thing, sometimes the cards just do not fall and you have to get your edge back or try to get some chips to stay in the game.

Good luck everyone, and may your next bluff be big.
Evench
1 star member

Postby Evench » Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:55 pm

I gave up on bluffing in freerolls

someone will raise UTG with J10 and if you put in a big raise needing to win the pot with like Q9 theyll call and end up hitting jacks
Havermed
1 star member

bluffing

Postby Havermed » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:48 am

bluffing is fun and nessicary if you dont youll just lose after a while
Aften1988
3 star member

Postby Aften1988 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:47 am

I have to agree with sirp....... I gave it up a long time ago.  You just can't bluff when playing online.  Some of these ppl with all with nothing and hit something every time!
Throaked
3 star member

bluffing is a nessecty

Postby Throaked » Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:10 am

I hate it when i see people that say they dont bluff. Bluffing is apart of poker everyone has to bluff sometime. I bluff a lot any ways.
Whentlet
2 star member

bluffing

Postby Whentlet » Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:46 pm

you have to be very careful in free rolls beacuse so many people chase and you almost always get called.
Youpirse2
1 star member

Postby Youpirse2 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:37 pm

Freerolls it's best to avoid bluffing as there are very few people that are able to lay down a hand ...perhaps introducing the bluff late in the tourney makes sense once all the fish are cleaned out.

Cheers,
BonusJunky

Return to “General Poker Discussion”