learning curve

General discussion about poker.

Moderator: Moderator

Dowentere
1 star member

improving your game

Postby Dowentere » Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:36 pm

IF YOU want help in your game i suggest u buy "holdem genius."  its 50 bucks but it basically buys itself. what it is is a program that attaches itself to yor game and basically tells you the odds you are to catch and win. i think its awsome
Therencough
3 star member

Postby Therencough » Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:52 pm

Doesn't that kinda take the fun out of the game?  I play for fun and stress relief more than anything and don't want to expend that much energy to win a few bucks online.  Sounds good for a more serious player, though.
Kepon1978
2 star member

Postby Kepon1978 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:44 pm

I guess that's great for online but what happens when you have to play at the Foxwoods or Binions are you going to take your computer with you? If you really want to be good at anything it takes a serious time investment that is the unfortunate side of online playing, technology takes the skill out of it.
Whictime
2 star member

learning curve

Postby Whictime » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:16 pm

Well I suppose that a odds calculator is good when you are learning. But if you want live play that calculator can't come along with you. I have read several books on poker and have learned so much. I suggest you give a good book a try. "Play Poker like the Pros, by Phil Helmouth is great.  :D

Return to “General Poker Discussion”