frame of mind

General discussion about poker.

Moderator: Moderator

Warorinced
2 star member

real money vs. freerolls

Postby Warorinced » Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:23 pm

having problems switching back and forth between the two -- freerolls morons (excuse) me,  for the most part,  go all in ALL THE TIME because they have nothing to lose...

I have to REALLY CHECK MYSELF and my play when I switch back and forth between tables.

You too?
Whadrect2
1 star member

Postby Whadrect2 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:35 pm

I don't do it anymore.  I'll play multiple tables of either freerolls, tourneys, or ring games.  Mixing any of these, especially with three or more tables open just adds one other thing I have to track - not  paying more attention to the freeroll than the games where I have invested money.
Thernand
3 star member

frame of mind

Postby Thernand » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:23 am

whatever you play.. Make sure you realize what type of game your playing and adapt to the situation... Those 2000 people freerolls.. wait for your big hand and push.. some winner with low pockets will call your AA or KK.. But when playing for cash.. lower your agression and remember.. tight is the key.. Raise your big hands.. and go with your instinct.
Therencough
3 star member

Postby Therencough » Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:24 am

I have the problem of playing a loose freeroll, then switching over to a forum freeroll with better players sometimes (like tonite).  I am still playin loose and down 1/2 my stack b4 I realize (duh).  Usually not a problem, but it does rear it's ugly head every once in a while.
Kimmilloof
1 star member

Postby Kimmilloof » Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:13 pm

I think that if you can outlast the morons then there is some pretty good poker played in some of the freerolls.  The key is to outlast the stupid playing that goes on!

Return to “General Poker Discussion”