Re: poker host

Name your black listed poker sites, and why they are black listed.

Moderator: Moderator

Spost1990
1 star member

pokerhost.com

Postby Spost1990 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:36 am

Have any of you guys and gals receive the post card from pokerhost.com yet? Well anyways they start you off with AhKh and you scratch off the other five cards to make the best hand possible. Anyways I make a full house. Now my prize states this: FREE ENTRY INTO OUR NIGHTLY $1000 GUARANTEED TOURNAMENT & a 50% BONUS ADDED TO INITIAL OR NEXT DEPOSIT.
Well I tried to get the free entry into the tournament and guess what? Yup. Now they tell me that I have to make another deposit in order to get this free tournament entry. Yet no where on this card does it state that you must make a deposit. I deposited there a few months ago and didn't like what they had to offer as far as games.
Talk about deceptive advertising tactics. I looked high and low on this card they sent to me. Nowhere and I mean NOWHERE do they tell you that you need to deposit first. In fact I see NO DEPOSIT NECESSARY and NO FUNDING REQUIRED.
                                      Be carful, later,
                                                             spindoct
Offs1979
1 star member

HOST Card

Postby Offs1979 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:45 pm

I got that Card too!

It says to go to okerHost.net to register for a FREE drawing for a WSOP Seat too!

There is not link on that site to put your information in for the Drawing.

If you contact support to ask about your ENTRY into the "Nightly" Freeroll. You are told it is for Depositors only.

AS an Attorney I informed them that: You ALWAYS get a Free Entry ti that FREEROLL, when you deposit. it says free entry into the Freeroll plus a Bonus for depositing.  It does not day: Free Entry with deposit.

If yu want to get together a list of disgruntled post card receivers; I will start a Class Action.  Should be able to have some nusance value and maybe get something for each person.

pm me if you like.
Orneved
5 star member

Re: pokerhost.com

Postby Orneved » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:58 am

[quote="spindoct"]Have any of you guys and gals receive the post card from pokerhost.com yet? Well anyways they start you off with AhKh and you scratch off the other five cards to make the best hand possible. Anyways I make a full house. Now my prize states this: FREE ENTRY INTO OUR NIGHTLY $1000 GUARANTEED TOURNAMENT & a 50% BONUS ADDED TO INITIAL OR NEXT DEPOSIT.
Well I tried to get the free entry into the tournament and guess what? Yup. Now they tell me that I have to make another deposit in order to get this free tournament entry. Yet no where on this card does it state that you must make a deposit. I deposited there a few months ago and didn't like what they had to offer as far as games.
Talk about deceptive advertising tactics. I looked high and low on this card they sent to me. Nowhere and I mean NOWHERE do they tell you that you need to deposit first. In fact I see NO DEPOSIT NECESSARY and NO FUNDING REQUIRED.
                                      Be carful, later,
                                                             spindoct[/quote]

i got that card too and now u helped me make my decision as to whether to enter since i am refusing depsoits due to when they do not immediately make matched funds available in your available money part of your accoutn,  most site require so many raked hands before they RELEASE 10.00 of your matched funds to your available.

eric
Brocamens
1 star member

Postby Brocamens » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:58 pm

This site does not give anything away without a deposit.  They force you to make a deposit if you ever plan on withdrawing any winnings.  You must read the fine print- even the freeroll to win a wsop seat or wpt they will not honor if you have not made a deposit.  they have more conditions then any site i know of.
Orneved
5 star member

Postby Orneved » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:26 pm

[quote="razorbackfan"]This site does not give anything away without a deposit.  They force you to make a deposit if you ever plan on withdrawing any winnings.  You must read the fine print- even the freeroll to win a wsop seat or wpt they will not honor if you have not made a deposit.  they have more conditions then any site i know of.[/quote]

actually i was told there was a 35 dollar withdrawl fee withut a deposit unless u get so many raked hands at PH.

eric
Northe
3 star member

Postby Northe » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:19 am

I got the scratcher card.

What is free is the enrty into a drawing.  

Also, I went ahead and made a deposit thru Neteller, and support registered me in the $2000 Guarantee, even though my scratch card only said $1000 Guaranteed. :)

Withdrawals from PokerHost are fairly quick and painless.  If you accept the Bonus given on the deposit, it shows in your balance immediately and can be used for wagering  however if you try to withdraw this amount you will be told
"If you have any bonus or promotional you will need to meet the requirements. I would like to remind you that the restrictions are to play 5 raked hands at a $1/$2 NL or higher table for every dollar credited into your account as promotional or bonus money. "
So if you don't plan on getting the Raked Hands-don't accept the promotional money, then you are free to withdraw your money at any time.

I advise anyone who is going to play at PokerHost to make a initial deposit, withdraw it immediately if you like.  But by making a deposit any freeroll winnings are real cash immediatly without strings.
If you win money in a freeroll before making a deposit, you 1)Have to make a deposit 2)AFTER the deposit has been made Play 5 raked hands per dollar won. Essentially making you re-earn your winnings

If you like their freerolls, bite the bullet, make a deposit, withdraw it all--painless and now all winnings are immediately withdrawalable cash

Seriously, don't even waste your time playing freerolls there unless you deposit first
Bitherry1993
2 star member

Postby Bitherry1993 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:12 am

I've got over $612...but I might as well loose it all, cuz they want you to rake lik 1,00,000 hands or something......it's awful...DON'T ever win a freeroll there, or any money.  UNLESS YOU DEPOSIT....but why would you deposit on a site that has the worst rules and worst support? My thoughts exactly!
Mads1987
1 star member

Postby Mads1987 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:43 pm

Haven't try them yet ... but thx for the info guys !
Brocamens
1 star member

Postby Brocamens » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:27 pm

and now in addition they are cutting there freerolls drastically.
Orneved
5 star member

Postby Orneved » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:00 am

[quote="razorbackfan"]and now in addition they are cutting there freerolls drastically.[/quote]

PH has upset me by cutting back their paid spots ,  went from 20 to 53 and now 10 with 800 max seats,    not as bad as absolutes 2000 but getting close

eric
Northe
3 star member

Postby Northe » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:30 am

JaykeDog wrote:I've got over $612...but I might as well loose it all, cuz they want you to rake lik 1,00,000 hands or something......it's awful...DON'T ever win a freeroll there, or any money.  UNLESS YOU DEPOSIT....but why would you deposit on a site that has the worst rules and worst support? My thoughts exactly!

Dude don't write off you $612, there are ways around it.  

Just Heads up someone you trust and lose.  Have them w/d and give it back.  "Promotional" money magically becomes REAL money when lost to another player and they can w/d it just like any other winnings.  
Just be sure they have made a deposit first, because everything obtained before deposit is Promo money.  And I suggest you lose  fairly slowly so you dont appear to be chip dumping.

Dont let them win, their rules are wrong.  Get your money that is yours.
Orneved
5 star member

Postby Orneved » Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:32 pm

[quote="vsparky"][quote="JaykeDog"]I've got over $612...but I might as well loose it all, cuz they want you to rake lik 1,00,000 hands or something......it's awful...DON'T ever win a freeroll there, or any money.  UNLESS YOU DEPOSIT....but why would you deposit on a site that has the worst rules and worst support? My thoughts exactly![/quote]
Dude don't write off you $612, there are ways around it.  

Just Heads up someone you trust and lose.  Have them w/d and give it back.  "Promotional" money magically becomes REAL money when lost to another player and they can w/d it just like any other winnings.  
Just be sure they have made a deposit first, because everything obtained before deposit is Promo money.  And I suggest you lose  fairly slowly so you dont appear to be chip dumping.

Dont let them win, their rules are wrong.  Get your money that is yours.[/quote]

i was actually told in emails by most of the poker sites i go to that if you want to withdrawl freeroll money without depositing you can but there is a fee between 7 to 35 dollars depeneding on the site.

eric

p.s  with 612 in your account you would certainly have enough to cover any fee they require.
Bitherry1993
2 star member

Postby Bitherry1993 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:21 pm

Thank you for all your posts and pm's about the money on there~ I appreciate the info...I don't know if I'll ever get around to doing it or am willing but I want to thank you for trying to tell me!
Eappy1967
3 star member

Postby Eappy1967 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:10 am

I gotta say one thing, if you just make a deposit first, withdrawing from Phost is real quick.  Lots of leagues seem to play there, so they must offer something that attracts them.
Bodn1981
1 star member

Very fast clocks

Postby Bodn1981 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:45 am

Have you noticed how fast their clocks have become?
It seems to get earlier every day.
You need to take your seat almost ten minutes before the tourney is scheduled to begin.
They also seem to change the start times of Testosterone Tuesday and Ladies' Night every week.

Return to “Black Listed Poker Sites”