players notes

General strategy discussion.

Moderator: Moderator

Spost1990
1 star member

players notes

Postby Spost1990 » Thu May 19, 2005 5:55 am

Now I have seen that most sites let you take notes on other players if you should so choose. Now myself, I like to have a few beers while I play. And these sites seem to not give a guy much chance to act on his hand. ( like 25 secs. or so.) So how many notes can you keep? There is only one kind of note that I keep. I feel it is not only the most important, but it tells you everything you need to know anyhow. And that is PLAYERS WAITING.
That is right folks. While looking in the lobby you probably notice 6 or 8 3/6 holdem games. Yet there seems to always be 3,4 or more waiting on just 23 or 3 of these games. Why? You already know the answer. Huge pots. At least bigger than the other games. So why take notes on these guys you ask? Because they are looking to get something for nothing. A Live one in the game and they sit back with their sets and nut flush draws picking anybody and everybody off.
Now don't get me wrong, I am not knocking this kind of play at all. As a matter of fact, it is simply smart poker. Play to win. That is what I try to do, play to win, even though I don't always do it. But keeping notes on what I call (best game chasers) lets me know what I am up nagainst. When they are in the pot you should beware. Because top pair with top kicker will not get the job done when they are involved in the same pot as you. Put your chips in a better spot. Dodge that bunch there. Hope I helped someone,
Later,
spindoct
Eded1991
2 star member

Postby Eded1991 » Mon May 23, 2005 3:37 pm

i only take notes on a couple of things....loose players that seem to be in every pot and the guys that make me think"WTF"how could he call that?you know the guys,the ones that call allin when you have trips to catch runner runner str8 or flush?then i like to look out for them the next time.fish thats the word fish!
Lefe1972
1 star member

Postby Lefe1972 » Fri May 27, 2005 4:29 pm

I usually only take notes on players who are really lucky, or really good players who if in the hand, must have something really good, these are ones to watch out for
Hatent1995
4 star member

Postby Hatent1995 » Sun May 29, 2005 5:21 am

I tried taking notes but I gave up. I realized that for some reason it doesn't save the notes I take. Has anyone else noticed this? It saves them during the particular session you are in with them, but I don't really need to read the notes that I just wrote...know what I mean? There is this one jackass that I played and I know I wrote a book about him. Well a few days later I saw him again and all the notes I had on him were gone. Man I was pissed and I haven't taken a note since. Does this happen to anyone else, or is it just me, or is it maybe the site I'm playing at?
Clacknesing
1 star member

Postby Clacknesing » Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:46 am

Taking notes is total waste of time. During the session I usually know people strategy, so there is no point. Then when I play same player two weeks down the road how I know that he uses same strategy? Maybe he smarten up?

Don't waste your time
Eded1991
2 star member

Postby Eded1991 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:26 pm

of course only idiots play the same way continually,and thats the ones you need notes on.it is handy when you have notes to see how these people played before,of course it is.but what you put in your notes is important.i put player notes when i see things that make me say"whoa no way".not "fish"or "loose" as that is far too general.i will make notes "bet into flush board with high pair"or into doublepaired board with a straight,especially if they have raised...that sort of thing shows me they know very little about the game and think their hand is good so must win.now that i wanna remember.
Afor1969
1 star member

Postby Afor1969 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:11 pm

My notes usually consist of just whether they seem to be loose or too tight, I don't think a lot of the peole I run across are worth takng in depth notes on because odds are I'll rarely come across them again, especially for notes on how they seem to play certain things. It's totally different with my home games, but I don't really have notes on anyone for that either, its more just from having played with people for so long.

Return to “General strategy”