AA, :(

General strategy discussion.

Moderator: Moderator

Evicanciat

is aa best starting hand?

Postby Evicanciat » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:59 pm

i hate aa always seem to get the raw end of it for some reason but you cant lay it down
Othere

k

Postby Othere » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:31 am

hmmmmmm not sure personally i like 9 10 suited because gives u lots of outs even before flop.
Thenined
2 star member

Postby Thenined » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:40 pm

Question was: is AA best starting hand and short answer... Yes it is!!!

Win em all the tme? Hell no :)

Preflop AA is unbeatable in TH and with that "problem" ppl tend to NOT be able to fold it postflop eventhough the flop dont improve the hand.

Now AA is all of a sudden "just one pair" and a flop may have given someone else two pair, trips, a straight, flush, boat, quads..... whatever.......

Its at that point amateurs and pro's differ..... Most amateurs or beginners just cant let those AA go in the muck. They just gotta play the hand, call any bet postflop, no matter what
Mespirst
3 star member

Postby Mespirst » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:54 pm

Yes, AA is the best starting hand.  Although, what we hear and read the most is when we lose with it.  Why would we brag about winning with pocket aces.  Therefore, seems like everyone complains about losing with AA.   :lol:
Amor1993
4 star member

Postby Amor1993 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:09 am

it's the best starting hand yet i hear about a lot of ppl losing with it
Stom1971
2 star member

Postby Stom1971 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:30 pm

i have to say that AA is a valueable hand.
but you cannot win that hand all the time
Amor1993
4 star member

Postby Amor1993 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:33 pm

ya ur so right........i hear a lot about ppl losing with it  :h  8)
Thelarm1994

Postby Thelarm1994 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:50 pm

i think versus a full table AA out of position is both the best hand but not even 40% favorite if all players call thus explaining the conundrum from a statistical standpoint
Reak1974
3 star member

Postby Reak1974 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:39 am

I,ll take AA anytime. Especially late in a tourney with Big Blinds. Especially as your blinding out because you haven,t seen any good cards in an hour. Not many players will call an ALL IN near the bubble. And like some-one already mentioned. Try to remember all the times they have won for you and not lost for you.
Terful
1 star member

Postby Terful » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:42 am

Its absolutely the best starting there is! But there is various ways to bet your pocket bullets! Depends on what kind of table you are at and where you are in a tournament! I say tournament because that is what I l.ike to play! At the beginning of a tournament it is always good to get the maximum bet in that you can because there is more people likely to call you at the beginning of a tournament because they are eager to try to build a quick chip stack. If you are deeper into a tournament and you know that the players are more conserative and tight players then sometimes it is good to slow play your aces depending on your position and the bets before you call. Of course by doing this you are allowing your opponents to catch up with you by seeing flop or turn, but that is what you want in this position you want one of them to pair their Kings or Jacks or even aces, then you know you are in the drivers seat and the pot will be that much sweeter! Of course we all know by are playing time online that we learn different techniques and to get the most out of what we got.  We need to be consistant and use our skills well that we have learned from our online experience and always try to keep our patience! See ya all at the tables! 8)
Amor1993
4 star member

Postby Amor1993 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:10 pm

& it all depends on your luck with AA.....my luck isn't good with slo playing :( though going all in wins with me anyway 99% of the time...i see ppl slo play aces & win but i just can't, i lose 99% of the time slo playing :(

1FOOL4POKER wrote:Its absolutely the best starting there is! But there is various ways to bet your pocket bullets! Depends on what kind of table you are at and where you are in a tournament! I say tournament because that is what I l.ike to play! At the beginning of a tournament it is always good to get the maximum bet in that you can because there is more people likely to call you at the beginning of a tournament because they are eager to try to build a quick chip stack. If you are deeper into a tournament and you know that the players are more conserative and tight players then sometimes it is good to slow play your aces depending on your position and the bets before you call. Of course by doing this you are allowing your opponents to catch up with you by seeing flop or turn, but that is what you want in this position you want one of them to pair their Kings or Jacks or even aces, then you know you are in the drivers seat and the pot will be that much sweeter! Of course we all know by are playing time online that we learn different techniques and to get the most out of what we got.  We need to be consistant and use our skills well that we have learned from our online experience and always try to keep our patience! See ya all at the tables! 8)
Rower1979
3 star member

Postby Rower1979 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:54 pm

As for myself, I think AA is a great hand, love to bet them hard and hope for a call or 2, but as always in poker AA can be beaten as eith any hand on the start, but you can always say it is the best hand gone in. Now if you slow play you can get in trouble, as some have said here, there are some that can't fold them, in slow play you are giving others a chance to better their hands and you risk getting beat, but odds are in your favor for the most part.
Nowd1988
1 star member

AA, :(

Postby Nowd1988 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:08 pm

I DONT PARTICULARLY CARE FOR AA. ALTHOUGH, POCKETS ARE HARD TO FOLD. ESPECIALLY POCKET ACES. I HAVE SEEN POCKETS GET "STOMPED" MANY TIMES. MATTER OF OPINION I GUESS. :)
Ablempling
1 star member

Postby Ablempling » Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:47 pm

ive heard AK suited is the one hand that has more odds to win

i personally like AA better tho
Tusess
1 star member

Postby Tusess » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:47 pm

AA sucks give me 7 2 off or hooks anyday of the week

Return to “General strategy”