Beat me

General strategy discussion.

Moderator: Moderator

Floo1988
1 star member

heads up

Postby Floo1988 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:12 am

ok playing heads up is soo much easier to play than a full tbl right? so i find the most effective way to play heads up is pretty agressive not just playing crap cards as you would as a flush or str8 draw. obviously once ur chip leader u want to tighten ur play a little.
Thernand
3 star member

Heads up

Postby Thernand » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:27 pm

As Ive found out recenlty be careful when  slow playing heads up.. Natuarally you think youve got it so hey lets make a few extra chips.. One thing you should remember is giving away too many cards can cause alot of pain. If he is in the hand after you raise , then there is a reason.. dont let him catch that 4 card flush or inside straight.. If he/she wants to chase.. Make the price steep.

Every pot you win, No matter how small sends a message.. Agression is the key heads up.. Dont let your guard down.
Mespirst
3 star member

Postby Mespirst » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:11 am

Agree completely with DMode.  Can't slow play in heads up play.  Why give the other player free turns at getting his cards and beating you.  If you're lucky enough to flop a nut straight or a full house, that's okay.  Otherwise, no slow play.
Shunt1970
1 star member

Postby Shunt1970 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:52 pm

id also like to say if u have crap cards it still
ok to fold, u dont have to play every hand
most people think so tho
lol
Frook1971
4 star member

Postby Frook1971 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:17 pm

I don't know who your playing but I think that heads up for the most part is much harder to play then a full table. Heads up you have to consider playing every hand for every raise. At a full table that certainly shouldn't be the case.
Coldingaze
2 star member

Postby Coldingaze » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:01 am

i watched degree poker last night and was a perfect example of how not to play heads up both rookie players and neither were betting 4 hands in a row checked through river even with high cards or middle pairs be aggressive especially if your oppenents arernt
Amor1993
4 star member

Postby Amor1993 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:10 am

heads up is actually fun.......if ur in a trny & end up heads up, i love it, i win 90% of the time heads up :), getting there is the thing though :)
Alis1974
2 star member

Postby Alis1974 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:26 pm

Agree completely with DMode.  Can't slow play in heads up play.  Why give the other player free turns at getting his cards and beating you.  If you're lucky enough to flop a nut straight or a full house, that's okay.  Otherwise, no slow play.
Onct1971
1 star member

Postby Onct1971 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:28 pm

The big key is your chip stack and if your rolling or not.  Think about how many times you have made it to the final table and watch the small chip stack with the Big Bullseye double up a couple of times and become a factor.  Although the pros play with crap, I find it hard to understand why.
Thernand
3 star member

Well

Postby Thernand » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:19 pm

kardmania wrote:The big key is your chip stack and if your rolling or not.  Think about how many times you have made it to the final table and watch the small chip stack with the Big Bullseye double up a couple of times and become a factor.  Although the pros play with crap, I find it hard to understand why.

Naturally you want the big stack.. But if you dont have it going heads up.. Dont just give in and gamble with Ace-rags. Make suitable raises with good drawing hands and try check-rasising on draws.. Your opponent is going to try to bully you but he doesnt want you back in the game. Since its heads up I also limp in with monsters knowing he is raising alot of pots with any two cards.. Now his call is expensive, or you take the pot down right there.

I dont know how many tournamnets Ive won against a bigger stack heads up.. But Im sure its a good ratio.. as with a move or two and agressive play on good cards can get you right back ino the game.
Gagoem
4 star member

Postby Gagoem » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:24 am

1rainbow wrote:heads up is actually fun.......if ur in a trny & end up heads up, i love it, i win 90% of the time heads up :), getting there is the thing though :)

You sure about that 90% figure Rain?  I can't imagine your win ratio could be so high due to your love for the "6 9"!  :wink:

On a serious note, heads-up play separates the men from the boys (or women from the girls), and it's something you must become successful at to be a complete poker player.

When I first started playing online poker, it was the only weakness that stood out to me about my game.  Over many heads-up experiences, I've become much better at it, and now win more than my fair share of them.

In fact, tonight I had one of my best heads-up performances ever.  I was trailing heads-up by nearly 4k chips (my opponent had over 4k to my 300), yet still found a way to overcome the deficit and win the tournament.  Don't let your opponent's big stack deter you.  It gave me incentive to play even more aggressive, because I felt I had nothing to lose and everything to gain by doing so.
Yourne

Beat me

Postby Yourne » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:25 pm

I actually have a hard time playing heads up,, My problem is that the people i play actually chase against me and usually hit.. so what is a good defense against this?
Gagoem
4 star member

Postby Gagoem » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:27 am

All you can honestly do is to put yourself in the best situation to win.  If that means you're all-in with A K against your opponent's 8 7, and they outdraw you, then you have nothing to be ashamed of.  Bad beats will happen, and as crazy as it sounds, I'd much rather lose with the best hand than win with the worst hand.  And even the best hand isn't guaranteed to win (as we all know due to our Aces being cracked all the time), but at least you put your money in with the best of it.
Nowbout

h

Postby Nowbout » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:27 am

im best at heads up In my opinion
Servicehmy
3 star member

сервис раскрутки сайтов

Postby Servicehmy » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:39 pm

Доброго времени суток господа!

Наша контора занимается свыше 10 лет ремонтом и обслуживанием оргтехники в городе Минске.Основные направления и виды нашей деятельности:

1)Заправка и восстановление картриджей

2)Ремонт и сервис оргтехники

3)Ремонт и настройка компьютеров и ноутбуков

4)SEO продвижение сайтов

5)Разработка сайтов

Мы будем рады Вас видеть у нас на сайте НАЖМИТЕ ССЫЛКУ

Всегда рады помочь Вам!С уважением,ЧУП ТЕХНОСЕРВИС ВИКТОРИЯ.

ремонт компьютеров принтеров
заправка картриджей в минске в лошице
дизайн автомобильных сайтов
заправить картридж для принтера canon
организации по ремонту компьютеров
работает поисковое продвижение
диагностика ремонт компьютеров ноутбуков
раскрутка сайтов магазин
оформление дизайна сайта
картридж 1210 ремонт
ремонт принтеров выезд мастера
ремонт ноутбуков в минске октябрьский район