Re: How too play AA

General strategy discussion.

Moderator: Moderator

Mespirst
3 star member

Postby Mespirst » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:46 pm

:) Hey Shaze.

You got some pretty unrealistic answers.  One of them is illegible because that person is trying to use PC language and I have no idea what he said. :D   Of course, position dictates your action, first and foremost.
Generally, though, why would you go all in automatically and then only collect the blinds?  Not wise.  Solution:  Bet 3 to 5 times the big blind.  That will get rid of those who want to see the flop.  After the flop, if you did get a caller, your normal game rules apply.   Good luck.   :D  8)  :wink:
Examen
1 star member

AA blah

Postby Examen » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:59 pm

AA is bad luck for me always when playing online, live it's a totally different story.
Aely1983
1 star member

Re: How too play AA

Postby Aely1983 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:57 pm

ShazeR wrote:AA is good for 2 things in a cash game- winning a small pot, or losing a big one. If you want to play it you've got to be aggressive, because though it's a great starting hand, very few flops actually leave your hand in the best shape. It's easily vulnerable to a hand like J/10 or even a 5/6 with the right flop, so you've got to get it while you can and remember it's better to make 5 or 10 bucks on a hand than it is to lost 50 or more when it gets drawn out on.

Don't agree... Not the only way to play it...
If you slowroll them, you might get a later raise(if you're in an early position) to get more value, where even still a call will do you good.  Bet the flop big hoping your opponent caught something out of it and with any luck, you'll get the action you want.
In a later position, raising always seems to be the case so they'll not necessarily think anything of it, but it has to be not so obvious as well...
(No raise to 800 if it's 15/30 blinds)...If you had action from callers, maybe one or two will stick around for a flop...

Aces aren't about getting all the chips in; at least not right off.. It's a hand that one needs to be patient with and one must learn to MAXIMIZE thier value...
Begaind
2 star member

Postby Begaind » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:42 pm

I have to say that with AA you really need to be careful. If I don't go all in pre-flop, I usually get beat with something really lame.
Amor1993
4 star member

Postby Amor1993 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:27 pm

i've been winning with AA lately, yesterday i tripled up, got lucky & some ppl called :)
Girese
1 star member

Postby Girese » Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:46 pm

AA is the best starting hand so to say you would rather have J, 10 or Q,10 is absolutely rediculous. if you play it textbook, you should win. now if the flop comes 789, or all the same suit and u aint got it, then you need to bow down to a big bet or re raise. becuase chances are u will lose. i see people call no matter what the board, could be J,Q,9,8 and 3 spades, and they still think their aces are good? learn common sense then play poker.
Amor1993
4 star member

Postby Amor1993 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:23 pm

exactly the reason why you should go all in, in the first place, letting someone limp in with anything else is dangerous for your pot :) whether it's just the blinds or whatever, a lot of ppl are less likely to call all in with JQ or 10 J  or anything else...if i have a pr even & someone goes all in & i don't have AA i will likely fold
Shic1973

Postby Shic1973 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:24 pm

This reminds me of a saying i know its better to win a small pot then lose a big one.  So with that in mind I make a larger than normal raise i'll say four to five times the blinds, unless im short stacked then all in.  come flop make another larger than normal size bet an expensive feeler bet but its still better than losing to pp jj or queens.
Therencough
3 star member

Postby Therencough » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:28 pm

I agree that playing it aggressively pre-flop is the key but you also need to know your opponents.  If you are at a loose table where a huge bet would get you a call, maybe you raise 5 or 6 XBB...if you are playing tight players, maybe 2 or 3 XBB and try to maximize your profits if you win.  As far as I am concerned, no hand is worth an all-in unless you are short stacked or you know something in your opponents that makes it a good play.

If the flop helps someone, REMEMBER that A,A can always be laid down just like any other hand, although I know from experience that it isn't the easiest hand to lay down no matter what the flop is.
Alwand
1 star member

Postby Alwand » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:13 pm

so basically this guy got burnt w/ AA and is trying to tell people how to play it?
Nothem87
2 star member

Postby Nothem87 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:22 pm

AA is good for 2 things in a cash game- winning a small pot, or losing a big one. If you want to play it you've got to be aggressive, because though it's a great starting hand, very few flops actually leave your hand in the best shape. It's easily vulnerable to a hand like J/10 or even a 5/6 with the right flop, so you've got to get it while you can and remember it's better to make 5 or 10 bucks on a hand than it is to lost 50 or more when it gets drawn out on.
Theapoes
1 star member

Postby Theapoes » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:58 pm

yeh i agree
Mitimen
1 star member

Postby Mitimen » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:39 pm

some ppl can slo play AA but in 99% of times if you don't go all in with AA you are setting urself up for disaster...you call & someone will call with a low pr or lo cards & hit everytime, at least if u go all in & everyone folds you get something, & even if i lose going all in i'd rather lose that way than get outdrawn by trash
I'm agree with you ramboj
kapriolsdk
3 star member

стеклянные лестницы в минске

Postby kapriolsdk » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:58 am

Привет господа!

Наша фирма занимается свыше 10 лет продажей изделий из стекла в городе Минске.Вот основные виды подукции ,которую мы можем предложить вам:

1)Стеклянные двери –это распашные,раздвижные двери и входные группы. Стеклянные двери преображают и визуально расширяют помещение. Оригинальный внешний вид и визуальная легкость дверей из стекла подойдут к любому интерьеру.

2)Стеклянные козырьки-такие как козырьки на растяжках,козырьки в триплекс. Стеклянные козырьки приобретают по той причине, что они не только защищают входную дверь от погодных сюрпризов, но и элегантно смотрятся на любом фасаде.

3)Стеклянные перегородки –они включают в себя офисные перегородки,перегородки для банков,душевые перегородки и перегородки в интерьер. Стеклянные перегородки становятся неотъемлемой частью современных офисов, торговых центров, развлекательных и спортивных учреждений. Перегородки из стекла придают прозрачность помещениям любой планировки.

4)Стеклянные лестницы -стеклянные лестницы и лестничные ограждения из стекла, а также ограждения балконов и второго света — это прекрасное, современное решение, как для офисных и развлекательных центров, так и для дач или частных домов.
Мы будем рады Вас видеть у нас на сайте НАЖМИТЕ ССЫЛКУ

заказ стекол
стеклянные двери для ванной купить
стеклянные лестницы цена
стеклянные раздвижные двери в минске цены
стеклянные душевые двери на заказ
стеклянные ступени для лестниц
стеклянные ступени
двери маятниковые из стекла
раздвижные двери в интерьере
остекленные перегородки
душевые ограждения из стекла
стеклянные двери под заказ минск
купить скинали
заказать деревянную лестницу
купить стеклянную дверь для душевой кабины
офисные перегородки для столов
стеклянные двери для парной в минске
купить стеклянные двери в баню в минске
дверь купе межкомнатная цена
заказать козырек
скинали для ванной
кованные столы
раздвижные межкомнатные двери из стекла
пано
стеклянная перегородка цена минск
купить стеклянные межкомнатные двери в минске
купить душевые двери стеклянные в минске
перегородки
стеклянный козырек на подвесах минск
перегородки из стекла раздвижные
двери минск
распашные двери
заказ зеркал
офисные перегородки в минске
душевая перегородка из стекла купить
стекло для межкомнатной двери купить
купить распашные двери
стекло на стол
стекло купить в минске
стеклянные перегородки цены
модульные картины на стекле
двери со стеклом купить
заказать стекло для душевой кабины
потолки со стеклом
двери и перегородки стеклянные
изготовление стеклянных полов
распашные стеклянные двери цены
дверь стеклянная для душа
дверь стеклянная маятниковая
стеклянные двери перегородки в минске
kapriolsdk
3 star member

столы стеклянные раздвижные

Postby kapriolsdk » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:02 am

Приветствую Вас товарищи!

Наша контора занимается свыше 10 лет продажей изделий из стекла в городе Минске.Вот основные виды подукции ,которую мы можем предложить вам:

1)Стеклянные двери –это распашные,раздвижные двери и входные группы. Стеклянные двери преображают и визуально расширяют помещение. Оригинальный внешний вид и визуальная легкость дверей из стекла подойдут к любому интерьеру.

2)Стеклянные козырьки-такие как козырьки на растяжках,козырьки в триплекс. Стеклянные козырьки приобретают по той причине, что они не только защищают входную дверь от погодных сюрпризов, но и элегантно смотрятся на любом фасаде.

3)Стеклянные перегородки –они включают в себя офисные перегородки,перегородки для банков,душевые перегородки и перегородки в интерьер. Стеклянные перегородки становятся неотъемлемой частью современных офисов, торговых центров, развлекательных и спортивных учреждений. Перегородки из стекла придают прозрачность помещениям любой планировки.

4)Стеклянные лестницы -стеклянные лестницы и лестничные ограждения из стекла, а также ограждения балконов и второго света — это прекрасное, современное решение, как для офисных и развлекательных центров, так и для дач или частных домов.
Нам будет приятно видеть у нас на интернет ресурсе НАЖМИТЕ ССЫЛКУ

купить стекло минск
лестницы стеклянные
стеклянные душевые перегородки купить
Стеклянные перегородки минск
журнальный стол в интерьере
душевые двери из стекла
стеклянные двери в парилку минск
офисная стеклянная перегородка
двери маятниковые стеклянные
изготовление стеклянных дверей в минске
стеклянные двери купить в минске