Omaha as a trainer for Hold'em.

General strategy discussion.

Moderator: Moderator

Juseenoth82
3 star member

Omaha as a trainer for Hold'em.

Postby Juseenoth82 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:55 am

I find that playing Omaha helps my Hold'em.

It takes a considerable hand to win in Omaha. If you take that attitude into Hold'em you will waste less bets.
Hicked93
1 star member

Postby Hicked93 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:11 pm

well... for me i can not play omaha and hold'em in teh same day cuz i play the 2 cames 2 diff ways... so if i play omaha it throws off my holdem game and i love it lot smore so i think im just gona stick to holdem.. i only play omaha after LOTS of hours playing holdem and i need a lil break
Eded1991
2 star member

Postby Eded1991 » Mon May 23, 2005 3:52 pm

you cant possibly play omaha as you play holdem....its totally different.
omaha has a possible 6 hands per player.you have to assume in omaha someone has the nuts and if its not you be very careful.there is a lot less bluffing in omaha,very rare indeed and that comes down to the 98% rule that someone has the nuts!
how often does a pair win in omaha?even better a middle pair or low pair?very very seldom yet in holdem A high can pick up pots
i'm no expert but i read a little and play a lot and really you must chase that idea from out of your head.sorry to be blunt but thats rubbish!
Brestiong
1 star member

Postby Brestiong » Mon May 23, 2005 7:22 pm

Omaha is a horrible way to teach Holdem. Top pair is worthless and I mean WORTHLESS in omaha. In holdem top pair aces can be dominating. I have to disagree.
Herwas
1 star member

Postby Herwas » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:20 pm

Yeah... they are too different...

In Omaha, you can be drawing to a hand and have over 50% chance of making it... So you bet your draw for sure.

I do know what you mean about Tightening up your hold'em though. To me, it makes me respect people's cards more (too much?)

Return to “General strategy”