my choice

General strategy discussion.

Moderator: Moderator

Rhancen

AK vs KK

Postby Rhancen » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:20 pm

mmm AK vs KK, dunno which one wins really, the obvious choice would be KK but Aces come up on the table way too often
Thernand
3 star member

AK vs KK

Postby Thernand » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:03 am

Id choose to have K-K over A-K anyday. I had K-K 3 times last week vs A-K and lost them all. Funny thing is I believe I was pushed all-in all 3 times..Twice he/she caught the A on the river. Even after those painfull beats I would choose K-K over A-K.
Tifficust
2 star member

Postby Tifficust » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:59 pm

I can't stress enough how decieving AK can be on Absolute Poker. I"ve learned my lesson for sure. I've gotten AK many times and more times than not i lose to someone else. When i was first playing online i lost a few tourneys because of this.

I'm not saying AK is bad, because its not, but it's not as good as you might initially think.

Another bad thing on AP is JJ vs QQ... I got a JJ in an SNG yesterday and the flop was low so i bet big and i lost to a QQ this happens so often. I've had the QQ and beat the JJ too.

Be warey :D
Whismily

Postby Whismily » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:49 pm

AK is a really good hand, but overplayed a lot.

people tend to play it as if they had KK and thats usually a bad mistake.
play it as you would TT, heads up its about 50/50 if its TT vs AK...
Ournothe93
1 star member

Postby Ournothe93 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:18 pm

whats to think about,KK over AK any hand of the week :D
theres only 3 cards you can hit with AK(outside of runners),aye ye will hit every now and again but id like to think KK wins at least 7 outta 10 hands,
i dont play the player i play my cards and when given KK im right to think im winning that hand and if youve an ace in your hand your going to pay to see if ye can hit another :wink:
22 also beats an AK,lmao :P
Olonstake
1 star member

my choice

Postby Olonstake » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:27 pm

i would choose KK cause if you think about it AK is still a drawing hand if fact it can loose to 22 if it never hits. so to me KK is a better hand to have.

moose
Coveregs
2 star member

Postby Coveregs » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:26 pm

it juse seems that way because you remember more hands that you lose. you expect AK to win every time and probably hardly even ntoice when you beat KK with it

Return to “General strategy”