never

General strategy discussion.

Moderator: Moderator

Mystery36
5 star member

poker chat

Postby Mystery36 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:06 pm

I would like to know if anyone besides jdawg uses the chat box to try to influence the game.I have heard of people using it to try to talk people out of a hand.I only chat for my own reasons of insanity.
Shrebadegge
1 star member

poker chat

Postby Shrebadegge » Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:57 am

i agree with the whole using it for talking people out of the hand although i only use it for certain discussions
Pissompons
1 star member

my friend is real good at that

Postby Pissompons » Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:02 am

my friend is a big trash talker    ive watched him play, and if he has a respectable hand he will bet very high amounts to the larger stacks   and he will type    what u got  (username) and he will say all sorts of stuff and when he wants them to call   they usually do, and if he wants them to fold they usually do
Shmarch
1 star member

never

Postby Shmarch » Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:32 am

its not only stupid, but it distracts u away from wat others do
Disper
2 star member

Postby Disper » Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:57 am

Well, personally I don't like to see someone doing that.  For me if someone is talking like that I ignore them or shut off the chat.  When they get no response from me they usually end up distracting themselves.

So when you see me at the table please start talking that way cause I like to see people go on tilt when they don't get the response they want.

The other thing I love seeing is someone saying bet me all in cause I want to go to bed.  I usually break them by telling everyone that if he really means it he won't bet all in he will keep some back so he can fold after the flop.  That usually settles the situation down and then the person usually ends up losing and either going to another tourney or to bed lol.
Awellet
1 star member

Postby Awellet » Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:34 pm

Trash talking is easy to ignore... or you can just turn off the chat feature.... the thing that really gets to me is the players who wait for their time to run down before making their move every time...
Estoom
1 star member

Postby Estoom » Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:39 pm

i never talk trash and dont like people who do......
so watch it!
:evil:
Begroway
3 star member

Postby Begroway » Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:29 pm

Trash talking is unacceptable and if someone is doing it excessively you should report them and their chat will be suspended. Anybody that says anything online that they wouldn't say to their face is a coward and most trash talkers fall into that category. Personally chat doesn't affect me because I never read it and never respond to it unless I know someone at the table. I always play 2 or 3 games at a time and I use the rest of the time posting in the forums. I only watch every hand when it gets down to the final table and by this time all the immature trash talkers have left the building.
Restong
2 star member

Postby Restong » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:44 am

If im hot and on a roll I will talk smack because its fun and sometimes tilts people. I dont really use it to make people fold. I talk to people just like I would in a live game.
Frothed
2 star member

re

Postby Frothed » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:14 am

maybe a good policy to use while others are chatting is that unless
the chat is directed to you then try to focus on the play in front of you and
the results may be more pleasing to your game.
Disper
2 star member

Postby Disper » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:09 pm

Yes.... I agree that the people who continually let the clock run out really are irritating.  They not only slow the game but in some cases make it into the money because they are taking so long that other people on other tables are going out while they are not playing.

This is totally unfair to the "players" in two ways.  It drags the game to eternity and affects the hands that some of the players would be getting if they were allowed to play in the appropriate time frame.

Return to “General strategy”