Re: collusion

General strategy discussion.

Moderator: Moderator

Thavibittend1990

collusion

Postby Thavibittend1990 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:43 pm

lotta people feel its easier to cheat their way through life & online poker is easy to do this with a partner/ god forbid they actually learn the real game of poker
Therinceple
2 star member

Postby Therinceple » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:23 pm

When there is money involved, there will always be someone cheating or at least trying to cheat.  What I don't understand is waisting the time and efort to cheat in freerolls, but they do.
Wharleas
2 star member

Cheaters

Postby Wharleas » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:46 pm

I think these people in the long run don't get what they think they will by cheating.  What they are thinking beats me, but really the day will come when they will fall...
Pred1984
4 star member

Postby Pred1984 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:47 pm

While it doesn't justify their behavior in the least, you may want to remember that some people play in countries where the standard of living isn't what we're used to in North American and western Europe.  What's irinic is that the people who collude to win a few bucks in freerolls could probably make a lot more if they simply learned to play well enough to bet the micro-limit ring tables.
Reak1974
3 star member

Postby Reak1974 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:54 am

Titan free-rolls have been infested with Euros !!! It really gets on my nerves when 3-4 of them at a table are talking away in a foreign language !! Hard to know if there is collusion when you don,t know what there saying. But you may see some soft play between them !!!   :evil:
Manduted
1 star member

Postby Manduted » Wed May 03, 2006 3:31 pm

i played a couple of days ago a freeroll on dream poker

the leader had nearly 4 times the chips of the second and 10 players were left

the leader raised 100 000 on blind 10 000 20 000

one guy reraised all in with 105 000 and the chipleader fold

it was so obvious that we all emailed the support
Mathesembed
1 star member

Collusion

Postby Mathesembed » Sat May 06, 2006 4:34 pm

I had a similar experience on Party Poker, it was a SNG, and was three handed, me and two others left. They would NEVER play in a hand together no matter what, and I was forced to fend off both as they teamed on me. They denied it but i reported them to support and asked them to look at the hand histories.
Thase1966
1 star member

Postby Thase1966 » Sat May 06, 2006 6:42 pm

the problem is people having chat messengers when they play with thier friends at the poker tables....this is expecially prevalent in freerolls....espcially on titan....there are a droup of freeroll hunters who scam passwords and talk to each other in chat messenger services....the reson i know this is because they invite me into it and i refused immediately....i dont cheat at poker so why should someone else do it!!!
ACEDUECE
1 star member

Postby ACEDUECE » Fri May 26, 2006 10:03 pm

I didn't think it went on all that much until recently.Without getting into the sorrid details i have seen some really strange stuff going on in a lot of the freerolls at various sites lately.Maybe i just didn't notice as much before but it is going on in a lot of games.Besides the fact that people are playing two or three usernames in some games and the IM teams it is a real problem.How to stop it i have no clue.Its pretty hard to prove chip dumping in a freeroll and most sites will pay little attention to reporting this in a freeroll.
Disper
2 star member

Postby Disper » Fri May 26, 2006 10:16 pm

Well if you expect Titan to do anything about it at all... my advice is don't hold your breath.  There are a group that are pw stealers and one of them dates a support team member.  Nice huh.

As far as collusion is concerned it can only work it they are at the same table.  In Titan as I said there are a group of them so that the odds of them hitting the same table is in their favour but in other sites this doesn't seem to be the case.
Begroway
3 star member

Postby Begroway » Sat May 27, 2006 2:43 pm

This is something that you have to be very careful with at the ring tables. Always be on the lookout for irregular betting patterns whether you are in the hand or not. If I suspect collusion I just leave thre table. Better safe than sorry.
Begaind
2 star member

Postby Begaind » Sun May 28, 2006 1:45 am

I didn't think this was too bad until lately. I have seen it so blatanly that
I just sat out until I was moved to a different table. Had to fold alot of good cards, but at least I stayed out of trouble - kept my mouth shut...
My luck, I would have something really bad-they report it-and I would
be the one to be banned..lol :lol:
Tionevilly
5 star member

Postby Tionevilly » Tue May 30, 2006 8:44 pm

Its really getting bad everywhere not just at Titan. I have a little list of people next to my computer, and try not to play these tourneys. The sad thing is you see them dump chips to each other, and theres really nothing you can do about it. It should be up to the site/forum to monitor this, but its become an impossible task. Im 95% sure there are U.S players in cahoots with the euro stealers but its impossible to prove, i just try and avoid them. Sit and gos are probably the most dangerous, if you get against 5 friends/cheats in a 10 person, you pretty much have no shot.
Reak1974
3 star member

Postby Reak1974 » Wed May 31, 2006 10:23 pm

I have to agree with a former post. All i can do is bite my tongue and only play AA and hope to get moved to another table before the Blinds get too high. !!!   :twisted:
Mespirst
3 star member

Collusion Play At Table

Postby Mespirst » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:49 am

:roll:   Isn't English the language that's supposed to be spoken in internet poker?  I know for sure Absolut Poker insists on English only, and, for what I've seen so far, they monitor pretty well.  Heck, they even let you Americans play at AP (LOL).  We all know who speaks the best English.  Of course, it's us Canadians.  We're understood the best, throughout the world.  Enough bragging for now.  

Hey Guillaumok!  Did you ever get an answer, from support, to your email?  Let us know if you did, I'm curious as to what they may or may not have done.

Return to “General strategy”