All-In Madness

General strategy discussion.

Moderator: Moderator

Therstrats86
1 star member

all in

Postby Therstrats86 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:38 pm

sometimes i get very frustrated with people who are all in first hand with crap. the best thing to do is have patience and wait them out but sometimes i get pissed off and call just hoping to get them out of game.
Antely84
1 star member

Postby Antely84 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:07 pm

If you have a good hand you have to call the all-in, especially in a freeroll.  If you double up than you'll be able to place in the money easier.  If you get knocked out you really aren't loosing anything.
Submiliand
1 star member

Postby Submiliand » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:14 am

that happens to me but more often if i dont get chips early i struggle at the final couple tables so i think its better to just wait for a good and hand and take it
Pred1984
4 star member

Postby Pred1984 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:44 pm

Discipline and patience are things that, for most people, can be improved through practice.  That means actually playing with patience and discipline, not looking for reasons to justify loose actions, which I see players doing pretty regularly.
Clat1992
1 star member

ALL IN

Postby Clat1992 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:29 am

I agree ,so i just lay in the weeds and they go soon enough. If i get a hand then i make them pay,otherwize fold. You run into them everywhere.
Whictime
2 star member

All-In Madness

Postby Whictime » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:09 pm

All-Ins at the beginning of a freeroll are annoying only if you have a loosing hand. If you have a monster, you can use this to your advantage. Getting a good base of chips is essential to making it to the final tables. I have noticed that in the first 15 minutes of a freeroll there is always someone that has amassed $15k+. This a a great way to get into the bully status and the way to steal pots. I admire the people that are able to shuve it all-in.  :wink:
Reak1974
3 star member

Postby Reak1974 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:00 am

Too many free rolls i guess!! Because way too many ALL IN,s !!! Just today,, i had a good stack 4k with ACE-K of spades. A player went ALL IN so i called. SO now 2 ALL IN,s and this 3rd clown goes ALL too with a 4-10 unsuited!! I flopped an ace and a 4 for him,, Then he hits the 10 on the river to knock me out !!! He didn,t last long after !!  :twisted:
Tionevilly
5 star member

Postby Tionevilly » Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:59 am

Everyone has multiple tourneys going on at once now. Some use this to accumulate alot of chips early to see if its worth playing. If they get knocked out, they have a few more going on or starting soon. Ive even fell victim to this before, though i try to avoid it.
Gagoem
4 star member

Postby Gagoem » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:20 am

jedimoose wrote:Everyone has multiple tourneys going on at once now. Some use this to accumulate alot of chips early to see if its worth playing. If they get knocked out, they have a few more going on or starting soon. Ive even fell victim to this before, though i try to avoid it.

An excellent point.  Many of the threads here have summed up what I believe is the BIGGEST problem with the various freerolls we all play.  Many of the players who play in these events don't have the patience required (or is it skill?) to win (let alone cash) in the various tournaments they play.  They feel that with a field of 400 or so, that their best chance is to go all-in early, and try to double up.  And the availability for another game (I should know- I've had as many as 20 to 25 tournaments scheduled in one day  :lol: ) makes it all the less important to them to play for 2 or 3 hours to win $5.

That's why one of the key elements of my strategy (and success for that matter) is to play a hand or two early (especially at AP where non-participants are removed after the first level of blinds), then sit-out till the blinds increase.  You're accomplishing two things by doing this.  One, you're avoiding these MANIACS who go all-in with "4 10"  :lol: because they don't care whether they're eliminated or not.  Two, you're outlasting the 20 to 30% of the field who will be automatically removed (this doesn't apply to Titan Poker and other sites that do not remove players after the first level of blinds).

You weed out these type of players, and you increase your chances of using your "skill" to win.
Hishonce
1 star member

Postby Hishonce » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:40 pm

Patience is key in this game... If you can make it out of the first levels and all the all-inners then you can really start to play YOUR game. Patience, Patience, Patience.
Laidearks
2 star member

Postby Laidearks » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:26 pm

yea, unless ive got aa or ak or a monster like that i wont call all in first hand, just let those ppl kick themselves out
Reak1974
3 star member

Postby Reak1974 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:45 pm

Good post Rambor especially regarding Absolute where i see you have alot of success at hanging aroung til the end. However short stacked you are you never panic and jump in with less than a very strong opening hand. But i just hate scraping and grinding when on the bubble. While other players take down pots with a pair of 6,s with a 6,j,q whle i have folded j-4 for example.  Frustrating !!
Formaid
1 star member

Postby Formaid » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:15 pm

I love it when u get those people that go all in alot, especially if you know u have the best hand, then u just sit and wait for the perfect oppurtunity.
Cubled
1 star member

Postby Cubled » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:15 am

its funny when ppl go all in with like q 2 .......4 k and such but gotta realize these arent real poker players lol...thast why i try to wait em out. ITSssss sooo blooody tempting to call sometimes with like pocket 4's or 9's
Ustrave
2 star member

Postby Ustrave » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:23 pm

patience is definately the key.....you have to sit back and wait for your turn and not let the all in maniacs get to you early, stick with your game and don't let them get to you

Return to “General strategy”