bullys

General strategy discussion.

Moderator: Moderator

Reak1974
3 star member

Postby Reak1974 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:04 am

Whoever said that the Pro,s don,t believe in Bullying?? Negraneau wrote an article on it !! I saw him so big stacked, he announced his stragedy.He would turn up one his cards, and not look at the other and call ALL IN no matter what. He was against 2 very low stacks. But seriously it is the job of the big stack to push the little stacks to ALL IN. And a tactic the pro,s use all the time.
Reak1974
3 star member

Postby Reak1974 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:17 am

Just a follow up. It,s nice to see the small stack challenged and not be able to play there hands when your only 2k ahead and on the bubble. I think it,s the duty of the big stack.I get angry when big stack with 24k won,t call 2k to eliminate some-one. It,s an auto call if you ask me, even with a 4-7 !!
:twisted:
Dientiong
5 star member

Postby Dientiong » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:48 pm

Usually the people that complain about bullies are the one's that are smart enough to recognize it, but fail to adapt their play to meet the changing table condition.  Bullying is a part of power poker, but most of the people that bully don't know how to do it the right way and eventually get chunked.  In my experience, you play bullies the same way you play against maniacs at the beginning of a tournament.  You only play hands that you are willing to call a raise with, and you play them aggressively.  Bullies prey on calling stations.......don't be one.
Ragely
1 star member

Postby Ragely » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:53 pm

Well I think if u start with anything above 10 (both cards) and/or pockets you have a good chance of winning what do you people think about this.
fgfhhhh
Dientiong
5 star member

Postby Dientiong » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:59 pm

uzi1mm wrote:Well I think if u start with anything above 10 (both cards) and/or pockets you have a good chance of winning what do you people think about this.
fgfhhhh

Nice try Uzi.  Looks like I finally caught up with you.  You can't cut and paste the same post on several boards and expect to get away with it forever.  Welcome to the land of the misfit posters.  Is it that hard to meet the posting requirements???????
Tionevilly
5 star member

Postby Tionevilly » Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:06 pm

Anyone who gets chips early and doesnt bully is not maximizing their stack. You need to do this. Being bullied is great as your assured chips when you get a good hand. Im not talking about bullying with small blinds, but later on when they get worth it, you must bully if you have stack.
Havistries
2 star member

bullys

Postby Havistries » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:06 am

online poker sites now no matter what table you go to there is always someone using their big stack to bully ppl of pots it is so frustrating but the way i see it they always lose in the end because you become wise to them and what goes around comes around we just have to be really patiant

babyrox :shock:

Return to “General strategy”