big slick

General strategy discussion.

Moderator: Moderator

Ciess1986
2 star member

big slick

Postby Ciess1986 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:24 pm

yeah i would like anyones opinion on thi big slick hand every time i get it its just like giving money away. i do beter with 8,7 off suit .just let me know how you people it big slick
Nordiris
1 star member

Postby Nordiris » Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:17 pm

I think that there is a great art to playing this and. Although i also havent seemed to be able to play it, i used to throw all muy chips in but now i haven changed. I really limp almost the whole way through and hope someone hits something on the board and then re raise them when they raise. Becuase if no-ioone hits anything then u win the chips like uw ud if had thrown them all in.
Coveregs
2 star member

Postby Coveregs » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:10 am

AK is like any other hand. it's just an ace high unless you draw cards on the community. i'd recommend not going all in preflop, only invest enough chips that you reduce the player field. that will increase your chances of getting $$ if you actually catch on the flop, and it will also help you not lose so much $$ if you don't catch on the flop.
Mustor1974

Hmmm thoughts about AK

Postby Mustor1974 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:55 am

For me, AK is just like JJ. I never seem to win with them unless I go all in pre-flop. Usually when I go all in pre-flop holding these starts, everyone folds. There are occasions where one brave soul steps up to the plate. Luckily its because he also has an A with a high kicker (J or Q). Generally in that scenario, all small cards show up or my K actually shows up. Either way I'm the winner.

Whenever I've tried to limp with AK, AA even for that matter, I never win. Im basically thinking two things when I get AK - fold or go all in.
Crivilt91
1 star member

Postby Crivilt91 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:20 pm

I'm a big believer in big slick when its suited, because it presents you with so many outs on the flop - and even if you dont hit anything I think it can be folded very easily

I wont go all-in preflop with an unsuited AK, but suited its one of only 3 hands I will make an all-in pre flop call with
Aree1996
3 star member

big slick

Postby Aree1996 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:42 pm

this is only a good hand for 2 to 3 people in the hand, and you really need one of ur cards to hit the board, so be careful on the all ins.

Return to “General strategy”