Re: NUT FLUSH

General strategy discussion.

Moderator: Moderator

Folody79
2 star member

NUT FLUSH

Postby Folody79 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:32 pm

I was playing at PP at the $10 S&G table. I draw an 8X, the flop is 828. Everyone folds, except the lone maniac at the table. On previous hands, he has gone all-in with A3o, K9s, etc. I go all-in with my trip 8. The maniac calls me. He turns over K2o. Yep you guessed it, K at the turn, K at the river. I'm gone with his full house. Was my decision to aggressive or did I make the correct decision.
Dientiong
5 star member

Re: NUT FLUSH

Postby Dientiong » Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:28 pm

TheBronxKid wrote:I was playing at PP at the $10 S&G table. I draw an 8X, the flop is 828. Everyone folds, except the lone maniac at the table. On previous hands, he has gone all-in with A3o, K9s, etc. I go all-in with my trip 8. The maniac calls me. He turns over K2o. Yep you guessed it, K at the turn, K at the river. I'm gone with his full house. Was my decision to aggressive or did I make the correct decision.

Sounds like you got the call you wanted, but bad luck got in the way of an almost certain win.  Normally, you're not going to want to go all in that early when you are so far ahead, but it was not a bad idea here.  

Bronx:  Why is this topic titled "nut flush"?
Disper
2 star member

Postby Disper » Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:01 pm

My question exactly... nut flush?  

However, I don't think I would have gone all in at that point especially at a sng as the first 4-5 players go out very quickly by calling with rag hands just to see if they can double or triple up and get others out.  In fact I have seen 3 players on the first hand go all in and usually the rags win.

Just my observation at sngs.
Couser
3 star member

Postby Couser » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:16 pm

i would have just bet a decent bet.see what he does.that way your not putting yourself on the line with a all inner.you know how it goes with them sometimes.

Return to “General strategy”