bullies

General strategy discussion.

Moderator: Moderator

Youbseep3
1 star member

Postby Youbseep3 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:19 am

I look at it this way-  you should try to win the tournament- not more money.  And if you think about it, you're going to WIN MORE MONEY if you try to and are successful winning it then you'd ever be just trying to survive.

You're absolutely right about this, also my point of view. The winning of the tournament is the whole party when the money is just the icing on the cake

HUGS :D  :D
Gagoem
4 star member

Postby Gagoem » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:36 am

I'm glad to hear at least one person agrees with me about this mindset.  Sadly, I think we're both in the minority when it comes to the approach one should take when they make the final table.

I see it time and time again; everyone becomes a rock, and hopes they'll creep their way up the prize pool.  I would rather win 2 or 3 tournaments in a month, then finish top 5 in 5 or 10 tournaments.

There's not a better feeling in the world then winning; for that tournament, you WERE THE BEST PLAYER!
Reak1974
3 star member

Postby Reak1974 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:09 pm

First off i,d like to say the best way to SET A BULLY STRAIGHT is the CHECK RAISE !!! It,s your best weapon, check and put up a big raise. You will see 90% of the time the bully will fold. And he will think twice about attacking your blinds for example. CHECK/RAISE
Now great post Rambor btw!!! I,m bubble boy most of the time,, lol !! If the tourney pays 9 like most AP ones do, you will notice no-one playing much until the 10th player is gone. Here is where a big stack can really pick some easy chips. Because he knows all the people close to the bubble don,t want to get involved.
I agree with you though once i hit the final table and have made money, the gloves are off. I,m getting more final table experience lately and winning some. But i have noticed another stragedy that makes me angry!! The player with the most chips won,t play !! He,s content to sit back and wait for other people to eliminate opponents. He,s BB and a player goes all in and for just a small amount more than his BB he folds. That is a CALL situation even with an 8-3 !!!! That makes me angry. Another BEEF i have is a player is ALL IN with 3 callers and instead of checking down, one caller raises you out of the pot. Only to find out he had a weak hand and the ALL IN survived !!  :evil:
Nect1987
1 star member

Postby Nect1987 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:17 pm

i like to slow play a bully. just keep waiting and catch him by surpirze you be pleasantly surprized by how afraid he gets of u after that, just a though though
Bles1985
1 star member

Postby Bles1985 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:47 am

bullies....u just have to wait them out. trap them by showing strength then weakness in them say hand and then let them do all the betting.....remember this only works when u have a monster hand
Dientiong
5 star member

Postby Dientiong » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:13 pm

I'm moving this thread to General Strategy where it belongs.  

Also, check this thread for similar discussion.
http://www.hasselquist.net/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0
Havistries
2 star member

Postby Havistries » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:56 am

Bullies in my opinion can be easily dealt with!

1.  Wait for your opportunity and slow play them with a great hand(this will leave them in control and think they can knock you off the pot when in actual fact you will either take them out or seriously dent their stack).

2.  Bully them!  A bully is all about control and if you take that control from them they are lost and usually tend to go all in with nothing to maintain their bully status!
Therstrats86
1 star member

bullies

Postby Therstrats86 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:21 pm

have patience and when you get a decent hand, make a small bet and when he raises you stick it to him good. might not be the best waybut you do get some satisfaction from this

Return to “General strategy”