Re: Using CAPS will get you banned?

Post all your big wins to little wins!

Moderator: Moderator

Welition93
5 star member

i have been banned

Postby Welition93 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:04 pm

this club banned me for useing capital letters the said that it meant that i was shouting....all i did was post about 6 post a day.... i do that here too.  but ive been offically kick out....but i did take 75 dollars first......thx  to the club i want mention....unless it ok......
Mystery36
5 star member

Postby Mystery36 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:40 pm

Yes using caps online is considered shouting.Kicking you out for doing it seems a bit extreme but I am the kind of person that says if you feel like shouting then SHOUT.Why does it matter?Who is it hurting?Who really cares?Just my opinion with my live and let live philosiphy.But what do I know anyway?Hell I thought Micheal Jackson and OJ were both guilty.
Welition93
5 star member

Postby Welition93 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:54 pm

well i know that i did not know that what i was doing was wrong and if any of my post here is offensive by useing cap latters please let me say im not yelling or shouting.....i did it cause i like the way it look.....bottom line i think there mad i took there money........... :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:
Laccires85
1 star member

Using CAPS will get you banned?

Postby Laccires85 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:06 pm

WOW!  I did not know this seeing how I am new to the forum.  But I sure am glad I read this post.  Because often times I will write all my messages in CAPS so that I can see what I am writing due to bad eyesight.  Thanks for the "heads up", from now if my posts come with a lot of typos I am sorry now,   because I can barely read what the !@#$ I am writing.
Yousand
3 star member

Postby Yousand » Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:21 pm

We got an email around the whole of our company saying the same. CAPITALS = SHOUTING. What a croc of sh**. I think you are right, they are probably just mad cos you took their money. They could have just pointed out the shouting thing and not banned you. Some people are just a-holes.  :)
Begglas
2 star member

Postby Begglas » Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:22 pm

Using all capital letters has been considered shouting since the early days of the internet.

I can remember back in the day (showing my age here) when I used a Radio Shack Colour Computer someone got on my case about using all caps.  Well, the Colour Computer only typed in caps, so I didn't have any other option.   :lol:

But I remembered that lesson, and I learned proper netiquette by the time I got my first XT.

If you are typing in caps-only due to low vision, just put a disclaimer at the top that says "NOTE: CAPS-ONLY NOT INTENDED TO CONVEY SHOUTING".

Rules do need to be modified to accommodate people with disabilities.
Jdawg1142
5 star member

Re: Using CAPS will get you banned?

Postby Jdawg1142 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:52 pm

POKERGODLUV wrote:WOW!  I did not know this seeing how I am new to the forum.  But I sure am glad I read this post.  Because often times I will write all my messages in CAPS so that I can see what I am writing due to bad eyesight.  Thanks for the "heads up", from now if my posts come with a lot of typos I am sorry now,   because I can barely read what the !@#$ I am writing.

No, you don't need caps or typos this is another forum ;)

Return to “Boasts & Brags”