BAD CARDS

New to poker? This is the place to get the hang of it.

Moderator: Moderator

Sursen68
1 star member

How do you cope with

Postby Sursen68 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:45 pm

Playing and never having a hand that is worthy of playing. This is more to the tight/aggressive players. Yall maniacs that will play Ax or any 2 cards dont count here ;)

How many times have you gone using a strict starting hand requirement, only to never be able to even call, let alone raise or handle a rereaise behind you?

I have  a hand history, trying to use PERL and maybe MySQL to make my own analyser program but man, I was dealth x2o SOOO many times.. I got AA only to have the board go all over cards and some of the players were just luckier than sin. If a J flopped they had pocket J's so they have a set. If they go all in with QJ off, they get 2 pair.

Any ideas on how to deal with this type of thing mentally, with OUT going tilt of course lol.

Dave
Keirock85
2 star member

no cards

Postby Keirock85 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:13 am

I sure get in the no decent cards rut, often, and I'm not much of a bluffer, how do you play when u get no cards?
Pred1984
4 star member

Postby Pred1984 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:01 am

There's no simple, guaranteed to succeed way to play when the cards are running cold.  About the best you can do is try to hang on in between the few good hands you will get, then try to get as much as possible out of them.  You don't have to be a particularly good bluffer if you're able to pick out the opponents who are tight (i.e. usually easiest to bluff) and the situations where they are most likely to fold to a strong play.
Laire1982
1 star member

BAD CARDS

Postby Laire1982 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:41 pm

Well if you are playing regular money table I would probably try to switch tables if you are playing in trny and you are never playing a hand probably when you do play one players will be cautious thinking you are a solid player who only plays good hands this helping you to bluff!!!  There is no good answer to this the only suggestion would be to either wait for your cards or lower your standards to a marginal hand and use your rep to help you also use position when available as arjon is good at using lol 8)

Return to “Beginner's Q & A”