thanks guys and gals

New to poker? This is the place to get the hang of it.

Moderator: Moderator

Chammat
5 star member

SCREEN SHOT

Postby Chammat » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:50 am

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME OUT AND TELL ME HOW I TAKE A SCREEN SHOT OF A WIN ON A TOURNAMENT ?? I CANT FIGURE IT OUT
Pred1984
4 star member

Postby Pred1984 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:57 pm

You can get screen capture apps from any major download site.  Many are freeware.  Another way is Alt + PrtScn then open up Paint, CTRL + V to paste, and save.
Disper
2 star member

Postby Disper » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:01 am

Take a picture with your Print Scrn button and then open up your Paint program and paste it in.  Delete all you don't want and the rest will be the table or listing or whatever it is you are keeping.
Jecrer
1 star member

Postby Jecrer » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:16 am

http://www.download.com

Has various programs for trial use and free, check it out.... but.....

Arjonius and PokerPrincess have the easiest way, however, with the newer computers, you just do the following:

1.  Hit the "PRT SCN"  Button located at the top right side of your keyboard, there is a row of 3 keys, its the one on the left.

2.  Open Paint - Start, All Programs, Accessories - Select "Paint" (Double click the icon)

3.  When the program opens select "EDIT" from the Top Menu (Second choice from the top left) and the word "PASTE" (The 5th choice down from the top) should be highlighted, click the word PASTE, and the image will be transferred to the program "PAINT" where you can edit it, size it and then print.

Hope this Helps,

Ron
Chammat
5 star member

Postby Chammat » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:49 pm

thnx guys always wanted to know how to print screen so i could show off my victorys :-)   :lol:
Ahmand1976
2 star member

Screen Captures

Postby Ahmand1976 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:48 am

Howdy Y'all -

I've gotten to be a pro at capturing screen prints in other forums and many come to me to help them with it. PP is close but Arj's way is much cleaner. By holding down the "Alt" key while clicking the "Print Screen" key you will get only the open window as opposed to the entire desktop. As Ron and others mentioned the shot can be edited in Paint but there's far less editing necessary if you use that "Alt" key in the first place. Also, once you've pasted the image into Paint be sure to save it (under "File") as a "JPG" rather than the default "BMP" which creates a much larger file. Most forums and image hosting sites have size limitations and the BMPs are not accepted. Personally, I can't see any difference in quality at all.

Good luck with it man!
Mucer1976
1 star member

Postby Mucer1976 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:35 pm

yea i have to know how to do that too since i win so much... NOT! but if i do ill be sure to show you guys and you all can see it
Welition93
5 star member

hey thanks guys

Postby Welition93 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:40 pm

now no more sure u dids, i can show my wins thanks a bunch....... tony
Welition93
5 star member

please help not to smart lol

Postby Welition93 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:29 pm

i now how to get a screen shot, but cant down load it here,  need help thanks for your support

:lol: tony :lol:
Ahmand1976
2 star member

Screen Shots

Postby Ahmand1976 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:21 am

Howdy Y'all -

As I told you in the other thread where you asked about this 2M, you need to find an "Image Hosting" site. These are free for the most part and there are hundreds of them but I'd rather not advertise for one over another. Most all of them have their plusses and minuses so it's more of a personal decision once you've tried a few.

You are actually going to load your image at one of these sites and then copy their link into your forum post. The image will not be a part of your post but the specific link to your image at the hosting site will make it show up. When you copy that link you need to "Bracket" it with the IMG button so the forum code understands that it's a link to an image. However, some of the hosting sites provide those brackets along with the link.

Just do a net search for "Image Hosting" or something similar and you'll get a ton of hits. Then you have to experiment with it to see what works best for you. I could map out one specific way but you won't learn much by going that route. Do some of the work on your own and you'll be much happier in the long run.

Good luck with it though!
Welition93
5 star member

thanks guys and gals

Postby Welition93 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:33 am

maiu  thanks for the help. I got the screen downloaded .thanks a lot owe u one   .cya soon braw

Return to “Beginner's Q & A”