Questions & Answers. Did you play that hand right? Ask the other forum members.

Moderator: Moderator

Brese1994
1 star member

all in

Postby Brese1994 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:07 pm

In freerolls where everyone plays like an idiot...what hands do you go all in on?  AA KK and AKs?  or do you expand to AA AKo AKs KK QQ JJ AQs and AJs?
Mucer1976
1 star member

Re: all in

Postby Mucer1976 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:19 pm

mrfluffakins wrote:In freerolls where everyone plays like an idiot...what hands do you go all in on?  AA KK and AKs?  or do you expand to AA AKo AKs KK QQ JJ AQs and AJs?

well it depends on when you are playing them and it is up to the player
if it is the first hand i would play them all since everyone goes all in any way and you have a good chance of winning and pay attention to the conservative people
Ined1969
1 star member

Postby Ined1969 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:29 pm

If you are last to act in a betting round and only two or three people are in the hand and you have a big pair, then i would go all in.
Dientiong
5 star member

Re: all in

Postby Dientiong » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:50 pm

mrfluffakins wrote:In freerolls where everyone plays like an idiot...what hands do you go all in on?  AA KK and AKs?  or do you expand to AA AKo AKs KK QQ JJ AQs and AJs?

In my opinion, you really can't have all-in hands, whether it be freerolls or buy-ins.  The idea is to keep and build your chippies, not risk them on two hole cards that match a list.  

I think you need to rethink your theory on how to play large tourneys.  My advice is to sit on your hands until the blinds reach the 25/50 level, only playing monsters (not all-in mind you).  From there, you try to play good solid poker.  Playing the all-in bingo game is for desperate players that have no confidence in their game.
Kepon1978
2 star member

Postby Kepon1978 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:47 pm

Me personally I never go all in unless someone forces my hand if I have AA or any overpair I would rather play them all the way through if I have overpair and I'm in late position and someone goes all in under the gun then I will more than likely go all in depending on how many people go all in it is not hard to lose with Aces after all it is just one pair some guy with KQ could flop  two of a kind easily. I would rather play them as if they were normal cards.
Ouseetteled
3 star member

Postby Ouseetteled » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:36 am

aLL in's are a great tool when you know someone is weak and you wanna take what's in the pot right now!!!
Afee1996
2 star member

Postby Afee1996 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:35 pm

AA do you go all in or slow play them, I'd say slow play
Restong
2 star member

Postby Restong » Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:21 pm

last night i was going for my second fr win of the day and we were pretty even in chips heads u p. blinds were getting pretty big and this guy went all in everyhand heads up. i called once and doubled through him. but he stole so many blinds by going all in i finally saw two paints and called the allin of course he has ace high to beat my king high and im done. alliners blow ass.
Extesed

man i just wait till i get aa or kk

Postby Extesed » Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:23 pm

all i wait for is the AA or KK then go allin. fold every other hand!
Gine1977
1 star member

Postby Gine1977 » Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:45 pm

in my opinion,preflop all ins are risky..one may loose with AA or win with 23
Campt1976
1 star member

true

Postby Campt1976 » Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:15 pm

Me personally I never go all in unless someone forces my hand if I have AA or any overpair I would rather play them all the way through if I have overpair and I'm in late position and someone goes all in under the gun then I will more than likely go all in depending on how many people go all in it is not hard to lose with Aces after all it is just one pair some guy with KQ could flop  two of a kind easily. I would rather play them as if they were normal cards.
Haroven
2 star member

all in

Postby Haroven » Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:20 pm

gotta go all in on a multi table tourneys with pocket pairs. otherwise everyone will pass by ya and youll find yourself short stacked all game long
Sust1982
2 star member

Postby Sust1982 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:47 pm

Hardly ever go all in preflop, even with aces,, half the time in these freerolls people play with crap like q/7 offsuit...which trust me can beat aces. Wait to see the flop unless your short stacked
Pruchalk
3 star member

Postby Pruchalk » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:33 pm

There is a time to go all in...but it's almost never at the beginning of a tourney.

Times that it is a good idea...

1. Late in a tourney when you're shortstacked. If you're less than 10XX BB, jam when you get a hand. You'll either steal the blinds...double or triple up...or get knocked out. If you get knocked out, oh well...that's where you were headed if you didn't play any hands anyway.

2. If you have a decent hand, a big stack, and one other person is in the hand and shortstacked...a push will often cause them to fold a hand unless it's the nuts. Sometimes they'll stick with it and get knocked out, which is good for you, too.

3. Often I will play QQ, JJ, 10 10 this way...preflop raise of 3-5XX BB. If the flop comes with no over cards and no flush draw...shove 'em all in. I've even done that once with 77, although I was shortstacked.

Of course all these can backfire, but if you pick your times wisely, they can really work.

But preflop all ins? Almost never until shortstacked. I think it's a very bad idea. 3 things can happen, and two of them are bad.
    1. You double up (good)
    2. You just get the blinds (okay, not bad, but you might have been able to get more chips than just the blinds, particularly early in a tourney).
    3. You get your ass handed to you on the way out the door (bad).

Return to “Q & A”