nice

Questions & Answers. Did you play that hand right? Ask the other forum members.

Moderator: Moderator

Jdawg1142
5 star member

who hear don't know pot odds? (look here to learn)

Postby Jdawg1142 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:45 pm

well i have realized a huge problem that many players have are pot odds i found a great site that should explain pot odds

http://www.loukrieger.com/articles05/pot_odds.asp
Last edited by Jdawg1142 on Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Weepame
1 star member

pot odds

Postby Weepame » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:20 pm

cool man that site explained it a bit better for me i have texcalculm for a while, it was allright my comp is just a liitle slow to run it and the game at the same time. need a new one,lol. well, keep up the tips and we'll see at the tables
Dithemethen
1 star member

Postby Dithemethen » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:19 am

That site is pretty good. Pot odds are a great way to rationalize calling on a flush draw or not.
Unpled
1 star member

Postby Unpled » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:41 pm

Yeah, a lot of people don't understand pot odds at all.. They are mainly for draws.. People get into a huge pot with nothing, flop nothing with no rael hands to catch, and call cause they say "pot odds" For most people its callign a huge bet with crap, the rationalizing calling another huge bet because they are already comitted.. nope nope nope... Its all about what outs you have and how much of your stack is in the pot vs. how much you have total and how much you can lose.
Housight
3 star member

I always play pot odds.

Postby Housight » Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:25 am

I try to always keep pot odds in the front of my mind.....however many dont and those are teh guys I love to play against ....they have the pot committed mentality and they will rush in with what they have left with a small chance of a good card or even drawing dead ......they usually get plenty of chips early in a tourny and give them to me later....
Tepateady
1 star member

nice

Postby Tepateady » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:47 pm

now if ppl will just understand the pot odds will make it a little easier. i understandlots don't even bother worring over pot odds, but then they turn around and complain about a call or amove another does when they have the correct odds, when they have just done the samething without the right odds.
CE

Return to “Q & A”