i feel the same...

List your favourite freeroll sites.

Moderator: Moderator

Perney
1 star member

All in's first hand of freerolls

Postby Perney » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:51 pm

I hate it when there is like 6 people at my table that go all in first hand and now i have to usualy go up against a very large stack. I hate that when people go all in first hand with poop hands. :evil: Does this bother any one else.
Tank
5 star member

poop

Postby Tank » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:07 pm

sad too say but I'm sure we all feel the same... I guess the question you need too ask is and I am assumeing(never could spell) that you are in last position. Do I have a hand? does anyone at the table have a hand? or are they going too just trust Lady Luck? Do I know the site well enough to make this choice. Passive tables, agressive tables, players that don't give a chit? It all depends on you, yes a preflop all in is a killer. however if you know the site and its players you sould be able too make an "educated guess" yes I hate too be outdrawn too but "sometimes you gotta take a stand" So Good luck and Get Lucky...
m60
Hatent1995
4 star member

Postby Hatent1995 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:35 pm

Yeah it sucks. The other day I was playin a freeroll and got AA in second position on the first hand. The under the gun guy went all in. So I had to call with my aces. Problem was that 3 other people after me also went all in and my aces got cracked by J6 or some garbage hand like that. :roll: Alot of people take the poker out of it and try to hit the lottery early in freerolls.
Usbal1967
1 star member

I hate that

Postby Usbal1967 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:01 pm

Thats why I left Party Poker. Every tournament I played in some idiot would go all on the first hand. From then on out he would buy the pot every hand. I cant stand that stuff. I mean do what you have got to do to win, but I cant deal with that.
Eyettle1984
1 star member

Postby Eyettle1984 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:23 pm

not that i am above this , im sure i have done it ... i guess the whole idea is 2 bingo and get a stack of chips early on , i always feel its the most difficult time 2 survive the 1st hour of a freeroll .....look at it this way if its a good hand and there are alot of chips its not like you paid 2 get in so close your eyes n hope 4 the best lol
Wastp1991
1 star member

Postby Wastp1991 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:41 pm

Ya kids who go all in before the flop everytime make me mad too but you just got to be patient and when the time is right call them and take their chips.
Othapprocy
1 star member

Getting tired of being the one losing to a bad beat

Postby Othapprocy » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:17 pm

I think it also has a lot to do with people who have played in one to many freerolls and have got soooo many bad beats they just say, "screw it" and go all in so they can be the one to give out the bad beat. Nothing you can do but be patient and just avoid the all ins even when you have AQ.. fold! After a little while most the all iners are usually out... just gotta watch out for the ones that arent and keep getting lucky!
Spoemand

If The all-inners bother you.

Postby Spoemand » Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:19 pm

Perhaps it will help if you understand the "rationale" behind it. You're investing no money to play the tourney, so the main thing to consider is the time invested. Therefore, the earlier you get knocked out of a tourney, the less time you have invested in it.

Some people probably think it a better use of their time to only put in the several hours to play the tourney if they can double up (or more) very early on.

I'm not saying you should do it, but it is a reasonable rationale, and understanding it has greatly reduced my frustration with the people that go all in with almost anything in the first few hands.

--42squirrels
Reatunat
1 star member

Postby Reatunat » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:47 am

I find the same thing is true in tournaments with rebuys. After winning some money in freerolls, I've tried some buy-ins. The same thing happens there where I have invested money. It's not worth it to me to rebuy, because you have to finish higher just to get back your investment.
Orneved
5 star member

Re: All in's first hand of freerolls

Postby Orneved » Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:58 pm

[quote="Joey_knish88"]I hate it when there is like 6 people at my table that go all in first hand and now i have to usualy go up against a very large stack. I hate that when people go all in first hand with poop hands. :evil: Does this bother any one else.[/quote]

i hate all ins first hand too, i called one once with pocket jacks and lost and that sucked, i dont sign up for tourneys to go out in the first hand.

eric
Mystery36
5 star member

Postby Mystery36 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:30 pm

Yes I hate that as much as the next guy.The other day I went all in on the first hand with AA and before I had showed everyone at the table called me an idiot.I am an idiot but not for that reason.But I know thats net what your talking about.
Whorem1978
3 star member

Postby Whorem1978 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:53 am

One of the best thing about large entry freerolls, even in forums, is people play so loose at the beginning of the tourneys because they have no vested interest in the tourney yet, and you can use that to your advantage. Even good forum players will make ridiculous loose calls early in a forum freerolls because they don't really care that day for some reason, and it's going to take winning a few hands for them to wake up and care. Knowing this, if you have pocket aces early in a freeroll, go all in. If you have pocket kings, DON'T go all in, because someone will chase it with ace anything and likely get lucky.
Juseenoth82
3 star member

All-in

Postby Juseenoth82 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:07 am

I agree with Squirrels.

It's a time thing. I usually play 3 hours and then lose out just before the money. Too short of bankroll. Those all-ins are looking for a huge bankroll or an early out. They don't really care which.
Orneved
5 star member

Postby Orneved » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:54 pm

[quote="tnboiler"]I find the same thing is true in tournaments with rebuys. After winning some money in freerolls, I've tried some buy-ins. The same thing happens there where I have invested money. It's not worth it to me to rebuy, because you have to finish higher just to get back your investment.[/quote]

and to continue your statement, since making some wins at noble i try to last til break and do an add on but people who rebuy like myself might make the money but have to make the final table in 200 freeroll in order to even get back the money or make a profit on you rebuy and / or add on.

eric
ACE-magnet
5 star member

Postby ACE-magnet » Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:15 am

i think its funny,i had that same mentality for a while play for 2hrs 40 min and get 3 bucks,/hell no im all in!
but finsh in top 3 in a couple 1 k freerolls and theyll take it more seriuos. does it frustrate me .....sometimes...just relax, fold alot and see if you can sneak a peak at some flops.gl facing the large stacks though.

Return to “Good Freeroll Sites”