freerolls drop

List your favourite freeroll sites.

Moderator: Moderator

Tank
5 star member

Freerolls Shrinking

Postby Tank » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:12 pm

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me? It seems too me that when I first started on my freeroll journey, that anytime day or night I could find a freeroll somewhere. With the rise of the "network" like Prima who seems too be adding too their list of holdings.. it gets harder and harder too find any in the after 8am cst U.S. With Poker Champs freerolls gone untill further notice. The list of the "True Freeroll" i.e. no deposit, just sign up and play is shrinking. Nobel, Poker host, Pacific, and of course AP still have a few but the list seems, at least too me is shrinking. Has anyone else noticed this? Or is this a case of "old dog syndrome" (forgot where I burried my bones)..
m60
Perney
1 star member

poker

Postby Perney » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:47 pm

What i think it is, is that when a new site is starting out they have alot of freerolls to attract new users and once it gets pretty popular they slow down and start making less freerolls so that they make more money.
Troms1983
1 star member

yeahh

Postby Troms1983 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:50 am

i wouldnt be surprised... The sites lose money on every freeroll, as they basically dole out 100 dollars 3 or 4 times daily. Also, these freerollers are very unlikely to deposit, so its really just like giving donations and really has nothing to do with promoting their site
Orneved
5 star member

Re: Freerolls Shrinking

Postby Orneved » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:01 pm

[quote="m60a3"]Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me? It seems too me that when I first started on my freeroll journey, that anytime day or night I could find a freeroll somewhere. With the rise of the "network" like Prima who seems too be adding too their list of holdings.. it gets harder and harder too find any in the after 8am cst U.S. With Poker Champs freerolls gone untill further notice. The list of the "True Freeroll" i.e. no deposit, just sign up and play is shrinking. Nobel, Poker host, Pacific, and of course AP still have a few but the list seems, at least too me is shrinking. Has anyone else noticed this? Or is this a case of "old dog syndrome" (forgot where I burried my bones)..
m60[/quote]

i agree with you, now that poker is becoming so popular on line most sites are cutting back on number of freerolls per day. absolute poker is the only place i go to that has a lot, about 18-20 a day but about 1/3 of them are wsop and i dont join those, i prefer cash freerolls.

eric
Mystery36
5 star member

Postby Mystery36 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:37 pm

I use to have play 3 freerolls a night but now its down to 5 nights a week.Totalbet gone,ICP only weekends,Wpoker gone.It looks as though betonbet may be gone and No1poker may be gone also but not sure yet.I dont like Poker host because thay dont pay enough places and the same with Americas Cardroom.Oh well good things dont last forever.
Orneved
5 star member

Postby Orneved » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:29 am

it is too bad there are fewer freerolls especially late at night , oddly at noble both early morning freerolls are filled up both times.
Orneved
5 star member

Postby Orneved » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:52 pm

at poker stars i do not understand what u pay for and what u dont in terms of freerolls that u use the points u have for points. that is one confusing site for me to navigate.

eric
klas793
Site Admin

Postby klas793 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:40 pm

I've noticed many sites have started low buy-in tournies with huge prize pools. For example Poker Islands has a $2.5 buy-in tourney for 150 people with $1000 in the pot. I'll include these tournies in a new section. The section will be limited to tournies with buy-in less than $5 (including fee)
Examoster

Freerolls shrinking

Postby Examoster » Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:41 pm

The thing that I have noticed is that there are more requirements to get the money from a freeroll. Now you have to deposit "new money" at a lot of sites in order to get the money you win. Someytimes, you don't play enough raked hands and ever get it.
Repask
3 star member

free rolls

Postby Repask » Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:09 pm

they still have alot of sites out there like interpoker and poker.com
Tencephad
1 star member

Postby Tencephad » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:35 am

its dying off in part because of the huge numbers who sign up for them and then never make any deposits. the site ends up spending money and then not turning it into a money making deal so a lot of them have resorted to real money player freerolls where you have to play 'x' number of raked hands to entere the freeroll tourney.
Guly1972
1 star member

Postby Guly1972 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:48 pm

the prima network only has freerolls  on weekend mornings  absolute is the best site  in my opinoin for freerolls,has alot of private  forum freerolls  also.
Begroway
3 star member

Postby Begroway » Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:54 am

I have found the more established sites have cut down but the new starts have taken up the slack. Sites like canbet and Betfred come instantly to mind. There is still a lot of gravy out there you just have to dig a little deeper instead of just skimming the surface.
Fastir87
1 star member

Everest Poker

Postby Fastir87 » Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:41 pm

Small prizes (less than a buck) but Everest Poker has free sit n gos where the top finishers win real money, similar to pokerhost.com where you can buy into a sit n go with play money to win real money. Competition at Everest seems pretty bad right now as I have won a couple of sit n gos there without too much trouble.
Hereir
1 star member

freerolls drop

Postby Hereir » Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:48 pm

the freerolls start out big then when too many people know about it then they drop the freerolls and anti up the buy ins on there poker sites so people will stay at there site instead of moving on to another. that what i think

Return to “Good Freeroll Sites”