absolute + pokerhost

How to play a specific hand. Remember to mention if the question concerns Hold'em/Ohama/Stud, Limit/No-Limit, Ring game/Tourney.

Moderator: Moderator

Cosper
1 star member

DO THE SITES OBJECT TO SOFTWARE RUNNING

Postby Cosper » Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:24 pm

Playing at Absolute I often get locked up, Or just Locked out.
I have a broadband connection and sony equipment, with security
and don't experiance the same problems with the other sites at the same time, as I sometimes have 3 or 4 games going. Is this just happening to me or is it a Rookie's  Question !  Normally it happens when I start making a run.  Am I paranoide or is it part of the games they play to keep the Cash.

Enlighten a Rookie,  Thanks Indysteve
Begglas
2 star member

Postby Begglas » Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:35 pm

As a rookie, one of the things you should look for when playing is ALL-IN disconnect protection.  Most sites will give you a limited number of hands where they will treat you as all-in if you get disconnected.   That means that you will get to showdown and still win the hand with the best result.

Disconnect protection is usually not available during tourneys, and you sometimes have to re-set it if your ISP is having a bad day.

It's not something intentional by the site based on the cards you have, but the protection is limited so that no one can take advantage of it by deliberately disconnecting to limit their losses.

Disconnects are fairly common, but if you are having a lot of problems it could be your modem.   I had to replace mine due to frequent disconnects.
Bearywas
2 star member

i didnot know

Postby Bearywas » Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:05 am

i didnt know that thank you
Drinnera
3 star member

Postby Drinnera » Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:38 pm

i hate when you get that slow poke at your table.i swear some players are still using webtv .do they still make that ? lol .but your right i think absolute + poker host are the slowest sites out there
Drinnera
3 star member

absolute + pokerhost

Postby Drinnera » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:42 am

i have problems with pokerhost + absolute booting me from time to time.i think it is there server + not my computer becauae other sites work fine

Return to “How to play hand X”