badbeat or badly played u decide.

Which is the worst bad beat you've had?

Moderator: Moderator

Begroway
3 star member

Bad Beat or Poorly Played

Postby Begroway » Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:51 pm

I don't have time to read every bad beat story in every forum that I attend because it would take more than the twenty four hours that there are in a day. I can tell you one thing though, at least half of these bad beats are the result of the complainer misplaying the hand in the first place.
Fastir87
1 star member

Bad beat or poor play

Postby Fastir87 » Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:31 pm

I limped in, middle position with pocket fours. 4 other callers.

Flop was 4-5-5 giving me a full house. It was a fairly loose table (freeroll) so I went in figuring I was bound to be called. Sure enough, a bigger stack called, others folded. He turned up K-10. Next card was a K, river was - you guessed it - another King giving him a full house Kings over fives and I was knocked out. I don't think I would've played this any other way.

Bad beat or badly played?
Mignate
1 star member

Postby Mignate » Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:36 am

i think that was a little of both.

though you mentioned it was a freeroll so it is harder to read anyone elses hand as they really have no stake to lose.usually a lot of people will go all in every K orA they get so i think in that case you played it well just got out drawn.

i have a similar story only i had fullhouse and ran into someone slow playing a 4 of a kind and also it was a cash tourney.

in hindsight it is always easier say that was poorly played but i can't judge you too harshly because i think anyone would do the same
Chammat
5 star member

Postby Chammat » Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:23 am

i was recently playing on 888.com in a uk open qualify final 2 first gets a seat into the uk open i had 23clubs on big bling. flop comes 4 5 6 clubs so i decided to check and make a trap opponent bet into it about 10% of his stack i flat called turn came J hearts. i checked he bet about 30% of his stack i went all in he called and river came K spades he showed 7 8 clubs do you think i played this hand wrong or not!!! so i missed a seat in the uk open with a str8 flush!!!

BAD BEAT????
Yountivell
1 star member

badbeat or badly played u decide.

Postby Yountivell » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:15 am

was in a $5-$10 ring game 2day, 1st guy has pkt 7s 2nd guy 89d flop cums up 7d 7h 6d, maybe 5 in hand all call n raise pot 2 about $100 both guys only call. turn cums up 10d, so its raise raise raise n only the 2 left with $6-700 in pot, river was kc, both all in $1200+ in pot. the guy who has 4 7s types in sry man>>>>IMAGINE HOW HIS HEART SANK WHEN HE SAW THE OTHER GUYS STR8 FLUSH :) poor soul cudnt really have dun anythin about it. 4 7s on flop n stuffed.

Return to “Bad Beat”