BAD BEAT IN STUD

Which is the worst bad beat you've had?

Moderator: Moderator

Witich1966

worst bad beat ever

Postby Witich1966 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:46 pm

I just hate how i have something and people call with nothing and always seem to catch. If  it was me chasing i never ever catch but for them its a whole other story. I had poket K's and the flop was k of hearts k of spades and j of hearts so i bet real dollars to try to reel him in. Sure enough he called and the turn was the q of hearts. At this point i was like 4 of a kind i'm golden. I bet 50 more, the guy still called. I was in shock, like what could he have, does he think i'm bluffing. So the the river was the 10 of hearts. I say ok good maybe now he pikced up the flush and he'll call more, so I bet 100 i was all in just about and the guy called.  Sure enough to my belief the guy had the ace of hearts.  I was in shock! Till this day i'm still thinkin about it. I was like i'll never play online poker again, but i just love the game to much and i was back the next hour playing Absolute Pokers freerolls. It just sucked so bad how could he call with nothing and win. And what a moron he ahd to be to call. I seen this guy later on in the week playing at a 1 on 1 table he had like 18k+ of real money. It makes me wonder if this guy was cheating or what. I dno i was pretty bummed after it tho
Chammat
5 star member

Postby Chammat » Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:39 am

absolute poker is the worst for bad beat i entered a 100dollar rebuy no limit hold em 78 people in it 6 pleaces paid 7left i was chip leader got dealt aces flop came A 7 7 someone went all in i called i was chip leader by 200,000 he had pocket 7's!! no A came    then next hand i got dealt aces again bout 350,000 left chip leader goes all in!!! i instantly called he shows 2 7 yes!!! 2    and  a  7 i asked him what he was doin he said he was bored and wanted action flop came A 7 4 turn came 7 river came 7 i was like omg!!! how can u do that!!!!
Derry1968
1 star member

mine just dont compare

Postby Derry1968 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:15 am

But I'll tell it anyway.  Was playing earlier on an Absolute freeroll and was down to 50 or so players.  I get pocket 5s, so I call and hope for a trip.  Flop comes and sure enough there's my third 5, along with a King and a blank.  I slow play though, weary of pocket Kings and then the turn falls...another King.  I felt out for the pocket Kings last hand, didn't think anyone was holding.  Now I think I'm sitting pretty with 5s over kings boat.  All in seemed only logical, since there were still 3 of us left in the hand and I was betting last.  First guy bets 6k, second guy calls, and I push all in thinking they're probably pot commited.  Get one taker and when he shows his card, he's got one King, just like I thought.  Wouldn't you know the river was a 9, which was the other card he had in the hole.

AcesMike
Kepon1978
2 star member

BAD BEAT IN STUD

Postby Kepon1978 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:45 pm

Absolute is notorious for bad beats let me tell ya, I'm in a stud competition and of course you know it's first 2 cards face down next 4 all up and last 1 down. So I have top pair I look at this guys cards he's got nothing not even a chance for a flush or straight, so I raised as high as I could because it was limit, after the the cards are dealt he turns up 77     (the first two cards) and 7 (the last card)  TRIPS  AAAAAAHHHHHHHH.
Niiis1992
2 star member

Postby Niiis1992 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:36 pm

AP is no more notorious for bad beats than any other site, or any other live game. You just remember the real horrible ones and where they happen. Think about these huge sites like PP and PS and UB that deal millions of hands. You don't think that the same crazy beats happen on these sites? They happen everywhere. You have to suck it up and try to move on.
Dientiong
5 star member

Postby Dientiong » Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:41 pm

Joe makes a great point, and it is somethig that new players have a hard time with.  Just because it is improbable that certain cards might fall, doesn't make it impossible.  With the speed at which hands are dealt in online play, you are going to see more hands than you would live.,,,making "bad beats" more common.

Return to “Bad Beat”