Is this possible???

Which is the worst bad beat you've had?

Moderator: Moderator

Hatent1995
4 star member

Is this possible???

Postby Hatent1995 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:52 pm

I'm still scratching my head about this...

Playing in a sit and go and lasted 3 hands---

Hand #1: A :c K :c
Under the gun so I make a raise of 3 times the big blind. Got one caller from the button.
Flop: Q :h 7 :s A :h
I make a pot sized bet and he calls.
Turn: 4 :h
I make another pot sized bet and he goes all in. I fold and it turns out to be a good lay down because for some reason he shows his cards: J :h 10 :h . I guess he wanted us to see that he had a made flush and a royal flush draw.

Hand #2: Q :d Q :s
Everyone folds except for the small blind who just calls. I raise from the big blind and get called.
Flop: 2 :d 5 :c 9 :c
He checks, I make a nice bet and he calls.
Turn: 10 :s
He makes minimum bet, I raise, he calls.
River: K :d
He checks and I think about making another bet, but something felt fishy so I just check. Sure enough he has J :c Q :c .

Hand #3: A :h A :d
Under the gun calls, the button calls, I go all in from the small blind with the short stack, big blind and under the gun fold, the button calls.
Board: 10 :h A :s 5 :d 3 :d J :d
He shows 10 :d 7 :d Don't know why he called with 10 7. I guess because I was the short stack and he probably thought I was tilting.

So I got 3 premium hands right out of the gate and got destroyed. I've gone hours and won tourneys without seeing anything close to these hands, and here I get them dealt to me 1-2-3 and should have had that table dominated. Un-freaking-believable. What the hell happened? I thought I played them pretty well, but I am open to anyone's advice if you see something I could have done differently. What do you guys think?
Carthadvered
1 star member

Postby Carthadvered » Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:16 pm

dude that sucks but don't worry about it.
afterall, you did get ur money in with the best hand
Hadvieterell
1 star member

Postby Hadvieterell » Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:14 pm

hehe, thats nasty indeed but i see that a lot of times. not only on the i'net but also when i play tourneys with friends. just accept it and move it, next time you will have the luck.. or you are born for bad luck hehe (like me :P)
Gendisgrow
1 star member

Postby Gendisgrow » Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:42 pm

Wow that is bad

Return to “Bad Beat”