Pocket AA

Which is the worst bad beat you've had?

Moderator: Moderator

Hity1972
1 star member

Pocket Aces

Postby Hity1972 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:18 pm

I was playing a freeroll on AP.  I was dealt AA preflop i had about 5k in chips i raised 500 8 folded and one reraised to put me all in so i call.  He has 10 2 and ended up drawing out on me hitting 2 pair  boy was i mad

Chris
Sudionew

Postby Sudionew » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm

i had a realy bad beat w/ aces on absolute i hit fore of a kind on the turn and whent all in some guy called me w/ a stright flush draw hit it on the river i thought i was going to break my computer lol
Twithe1991
1 star member

Postby Twithe1991 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:47 pm

What a thrill it is playing Texas Hold'em and finding yourself casually glancing down at your hole cards to be met by two big aces staring back at you! You catch yourself wondering if your opponents noticed your eyes momentarily leave their sockets because you know this starting hand puts you in the driving seat if it is played the right way.
Wharleas
2 star member

Pocket AA

Postby Wharleas » Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:22 pm

Yes, you got that right could be the winning hand if played right, but also need to have the flop help you out.  You either have to go all in pre-flop or limp  in and see if the flop will be your friend...

Either way, this hand is really hard to fold.  Can get you in big trouble if you are short stacked...
Lated1980
1 star member

aa

Postby Lated1980 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:56 pm

ohhh man dont get me started on this bad beat lol.seems like i always
lose with poket pr. and win with crap.
aa--cant slow playem..kk--cant slow play...crap hands ya have to lol.
Thersemeaten94
2 star member

Postby Thersemeaten94 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:14 pm

I have had some really bad beats with pocket pairs A in particular. I just find myself getting into the old mindset that I have AA and nothing is higher so I can't get beat - WRONG!!! I have very seldom pulled off a win with pocket AA. I seem to win more with a pocket pair of Q or 8. I have even won a hand with pocket 2's. I have learned to call with a high pocket pair but if nothing comes out on the flop to go with it, I fold the next time around. I don't need to lose any more than I already have in that hand. I don't know if this is the proper and accepted way to play because I have only been playing a couple of months but it has worked for me to win a few hands. However, please be aware that I have never up to this point anyway, won a tournament so I am obviously not a great poker player. I actually visit the forum to read about other people's hands and how they play them so I can have some ideas of how to play when I play my next tournament.
Yousand
3 star member

Postby Yousand » Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:15 pm

Losing with AA always sucks.
Worst of all is when you have achieved exactly what you want - that is having got rid of the table to go heads up - and some idiot destroys you with cards that should have been binned.

8)

Return to “Bad Beat”