The day I ate my keyboad

Which is the worst bad beat you've had?

Moderator: Moderator

Fatichaddent

Full House Flop

Postby Fatichaddent » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:15 pm

Ok.
So im playing in a $10 MTT.
Its the first hand with about 100 players total and I get dealt K 7 suited in the small blind.
It comes round with 2 other player calling so I make up the rest of the blinds and the big blind checks behind me.
The Flop comes down K K 7
Obviously I am over the moon and put in a very large bet. The big blind and 1 other fold but the other guy calls. Obviously I'm amazed hes called with no straight or flush draw.   :shock:
The next card is a Jack. I come out betting big again and am raised. At this point half my stack is in the pot so I re-raise all in with a very quick call to see he is holding K J.
Obviously I was gutted, drawing dead except another Jack for the split pot which didnt come.
What a way to start a tournament.
Herity

Postby Herity » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:39 pm

thats pretty bad, i dont play K7 though so i dont think that i would have got caught in that situation. it is a bad beat though. a little quick with the all in, you should try folding next time.
Sucer1966
1 star member

The day I ate my keyboad

Postby Sucer1966 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:48 pm

I was playing Omaha a few months back. After the flop I'm sittingon a full house A's full of K's. Some young pup kept raising until we were both all-in.

Safe in the knowledge that only 4 of a kind is gonna rob me of my well desrved pot. I craftily see he has a pair of 5's in his hand.

Not a chance sunshine.

The turn is a 5. Quietly confident. Just something to keep you interested.

The river is also a 5.

And that is the story of the day I ate my keyboard.

Return to “Bad Beat”