kings again

Which is the worst bad beat you've had?

Moderator: Moderator

Tank
5 star member

kings again

Postby Tank » Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:04 am

poker host free roll i'm sitting in 11th with 45,000 i draw pocket KK again big stack is big blind all i had too do was sit there and twiddle my thumbs and i make the final table, call the big blind, fold , but nooooo not me all in and bango he hits jacks full of 10's do I have a sign on my head saying I have KK pockets so come smash um,,,,, only good thing was 5 min later he got crushed I made the money but dang it pocket kings are just plain old unlucky for me.....lol oh hell better days.....
Whorem1978
3 star member

Postby Whorem1978 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:41 am

In the one Hasslequist tourney I played in, early in the tournament, I had pocket Kings and went all-in, walking into someone's pocket aces. According to Dan Harrington's book, this happens to people about once every 24 times they have pocket aces. I was just unlucky. But I got knocked out so early that I almost wrote a letter of apology to Hasselquist.

I don't like the idea of trapping with Kings and just limping in, because someone can and most likely will have also limped in with A-rag, and if an ace hits the board, you're screwed to a weak starting hand. I don't know if going all in with Kings is the best idea, but you have to make a big raise to push out the A-rag starting hands. 5 times the big blind should suffice, although early in a tourney when the blinds are so small that people might actually play A-10 unsuited to 6 times the big blind, you may want to make it 200 to go.

Return to “Bad Beat”