Re: bad beat at absolute poker

Which is the worst bad beat you've had?

Moderator: Moderator

Butrunk
1 star member

bad beat at absolute poker

Postby Butrunk » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:45 pm

I have pocket 3's i call a minimul preflop raise and out flops 2 3's
four of a kind and there was an ace on the board as well. So i check and decide to slow play it cause hey...I can't be beat that easly...righ?
This guy fires out a 5000 bet i call and continue to sand bag. out comes another ace so i feel that he has A in his hand because of the raise.He fires another bet i just call. Then low and behold another ace comes.
Then i am like oh shit .....he goes all in. darn it
does he have the ace...I call and he does.... :twisted:  So the moral of the story had i gone all in after the big bet over top of him right away I may have walk off with the pot. I am never sandbagging a hand ever again :evil:  :wink: 3333 gets beat by AAAA
Dientiong
5 star member

Postby Dientiong » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:21 am

mastertech:  You played it perfectly and suffered a horrible beat.  You can't change up your style because an opponent makes one miracle catch on the turn and river.  Four of a kind doesn't lose often enough to justify playing it anyway other than what you did.
Nour1981
2 star member

Postby Nour1981 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:10 pm

mastertech wrote:I have pocket 3's i call a minimul preflop raise and out flops 2 3's
four of a kind and there was an ace on the board as well. So i check and decide to slow play it cause hey...I can't be beat that easly...righ?
This guy fires out a 5000 bet i call and continue to sand bag. out comes another ace so i feel that he has A in his hand because of the raise.He fires another bet i just call. Then low and behold another ace comes.
does he have the ace...I call and he does.... :twisted:  So the moral of the story had i gone all in after the big bet over top of him right away I may have walk off with the pot. I am never sandbagging a hand ever again :evil:  :wink: 3333 gets beat by AAAA

that's not a bad beat....a horrible way to lose.  but not a bad beat.
a bad beat would be like mine: aces losing to a 8/3os yesterday....
a bad beat is when the other person starts off with a worse hand then yours and ends up sucking out completely.
aces over 3's was dominated and he had good reason to still be in the hand with an aces over threes on the flop.
Ruspinfirl
2 star member

Bad Beat

Postby Ruspinfirl » Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:25 am

Guess just another unlucky hand

On the BF freroll I had 99
nothing special you might say
flop was TT9 so i went all in
opponent (mitch?) called with T8
turn 9, river T, c'est la vie
Nowhimed
1 star member

bad beat

Postby Nowhimed » Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:43 am

I had JJ and the flop cam JQQ i went all in,got called 4th st was a 8 cool, river came a 5. Now I'm thinkin great, I had jacks full of queens. Other guy had pocket JQ so I lost to queens fullof jacks. Came in 2nd

good luck
cydott
Chammat
5 star member

Postby Chammat » Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:35 am

PokerProFRO wrote:
mastertech wrote:I have pocket 3's i call a minimul preflop raise and out flops 2 3's

that's not a bad beat....a horrible way to lose.  but not a bad beat.
a bad beat would be like mine: aces losing to a 8/3os yesterday....
a bad beat is when the other person starts off with a worse hand then yours and ends up sucking out completely.
aces over 3's was dominated and he had good reason to still be in the hand with an aces over threes on the flop.

NOT A BAD BEAT!!!!!  :shock:  83os beating AA is just inlucky for AA,

how often do you flop 4 of a kind, and lose, infact how often do you flop 4 of a kind, aparently there is roughly 173 4of a kinds dealt a day on each poker site, so think 1000 + players playing and only 173 4 of a kinds pop up, and i think you will find that each poker site on average only dishes out a greater 4 of a kind then someone elses in there hand upto 2 times a day
Comee1985
4 star member

Postby Comee1985 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:19 pm

That was horrible bad beat it happens once in a lifetime, ok maybe more if play poker at AP!

Return to “Bad Beat”