congrats

Anything not poker related.

Moderator: Moderator

Mystery36
5 star member

published again

Postby Mystery36 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:38 am

I know that you probably dont care but I just wanted to share an accomplishment.I recieved a letter today that my 6th poem was accepted for publication.I love to write and when someone else likes it I feel even better about it.Now if I can get my novel published I will be thrilled.
Tank
5 star member

congrats

Postby Tank » Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:25 am

It great when you have a "gift" and even better that you are using it. Most people never get too realize their dream. And sadly most people waste the "gift" which is given too them.
mark
Hatent1995
4 star member

Postby Hatent1995 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:00 pm

That's cool as hell man. Congratulations. Where is your work published, I'd like to read it. In my spare time I play guitar, so I have tried my hand at some lyric writing. I find it much harder than composing melodies which seem to come pretty natural. My bandmates seem to like the things I have written, but I'm not so sure. Maybe you could take a look at some stuff sometime and give me some pointers if you have an extra minute.
Mystery36
5 star member

Postby Mystery36 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:58 pm

My work is published in hard cover poetry books.Here are a couple of titles you can sometimes find at Barnes and Noble.THE COLORS OF LIFE,The Best Poems And Poets Of 2003 and I have a poem titled Depression that is on CD.Not a music cd but a poetry reading cd that is used in college classes.I would be more that willing to read your stuff Shake but I dont know if I can help.Music lyrics usually rhyme and my work usually dont.I retained the rights to depression so I can post it below for you to read.

DEPRESSION

Frail twisted oak
Sprouted in shadows
Shackled roots in starving soil
Tormented by distant sunlight
Desirous of looming colored towers

Sparrow clenching boughs
Concieved without wings
Peering at the bevy
Music circles his breath
Lacking reason for harmony

Ant has been crippled
Cast away by his peers
Thrusting upward to find meaning
Nearing the ends web
Wanting only to serve purpose
Hatent1995
4 star member

Postby Hatent1995 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:06 pm

Wow, you really are a good writer. I'm not going to pretend that I know alot about poetry, but I like the imagery in there. That's real nice man.
Mystery36
5 star member

Postby Mystery36 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:26 pm

Thanks Shake I will try not to ever knock you out of a tourney again lol.

Return to “Off Topic”