NCAA TIps

Anything not poker related.

Moderator: Moderator

Usbal1967
1 star member

NCAA TIps

Postby Usbal1967 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:29 pm

I have won many NCAA pools in the past. Here are some tips to winning.

-Always pick at least one 12 to beat a 5 and one 11 to beat a 6.

-Alway take at least one numer 6 and 7 or 10 to go to the sweet sixteen. (This year there are three number 6's and two number 7's)

-To find a good underdog pick a team with solid three-point shooting and and a good Foul shot precentage.

-You cant go wrong picking ACC teams, look at this year.

-Never pick four Number 1 seeds to make it to the Final Four.

-You can never go wrong picking teams with a lot of seniors.

-8 v 9 games are the most important. Look at them closely.
ACE-magnet
5 star member

Postby ACE-magnet » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:39 am

the kentucky wildcats will win 06 and 07 natnl titles!
Dientiong
5 star member

Postby Dientiong » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:09 pm

I am either really late or really early depending on how you view this, but here are my thoughts.

1.  Once you see the bracket, comb through for the games that are automatic locks and pencil the winners into the second round.  
2.  Next, find the games that really seem like they can go either way.  Pick a winner and make sure that they don't advance much further into the bracket.
3.  Check the opening lines for first round games.  When you see spreads that favor lower seeds, make a note.  If you see a lower seed as a 1 or 2 point dog, make a note.  These should be your upset picks.  The linesmakers kow more than you, use them to your advantage.

I think point #2 is the most important.  I see people struggle to pick the winner of a sweet 16 game, then they have the winner of that game going to the Final Four?  That's gambling.  Take the gamble out of it and put a "likely scenario" together.  Makes no snse to struggle over a game and then have that pick advance further.

Anyway, those are my tips.  I've had a lot of success in these too, so I hope this helps.

Return to “Off Topic”