Yep

Questions & Answers. Did you play that hand right? Ask the other forum members.

Moderator: Moderator

Cafrocks
1 star member

I wonder if sites r rigged

Postby Cafrocks » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:43 pm

Call me a bad loser, but i swear games r rigged sumtimes!!i was playing an idiot who raised every hand.so i made him all in with J 10.not the best hand no, but he had J 9. Felt good, till it flopped 9 4 9.I couldnt beleive this.LUCK LUCK Ne1 know way i coulda played this better.remember this guy was an idiot!!

Aggyman
Wolut1970
1 star member

Postby Wolut1970 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:46 pm

Was this a freeroll or a cash game?
Girese
1 star member

Postby Girese » Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:56 pm

i dont think the games are rigged, i just think each site has its own patterns. maybe they are i dont know, but then again they may be random. who cares. it is what it is and we all play it.
Orpon1992
1 star member

Postby Orpon1992 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:55 pm

I dont think its rigged. Its just the way players play. Some times you will come across crazy players that play like crap. And get lucky.
Potteend
3 star member

Postby Potteend » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:32 pm

I often see people in tourneys freaking out about how the site is rigged. I often wonder: If they REALLY believe the site is rigged, why do they continue to play there.

If you already know this dude is going all in with every hand, why did you force the issue with JT? Any random 2 cards are a favourite over JT pre-flpp since the median hand is a Q&. And, besides, if he is going all in every hand... he will surely go all-in when you catch a high pocket pair, so why not be patient?

You musta known your all in wasnt going to bluff him out of the pot, so you intentionally forced a confrontation with a hand that was not likely to be the favourite.

Yeah, you coulda played that hand better.
Shunt1970
1 star member

Postby Shunt1970 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:56 pm

flip the coin, when u win some crazy hands and they
say it's rigged well then u know
lol
Pred1984
4 star member

Postby Pred1984 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:57 pm

You put the opponent all in with JT, a hand that rates to be behind two random cards around half the time.  As it happens, you had him dominated, and he sucked out.  But since you didn't know he was dominated, or even that you were ahead, is putting him all in supposed to be a good play?
Gagoem
4 star member

Postby Gagoem » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:16 am

These are the exact kind of players you should be patient against.  If you realized that this opponent was ultra-aggressive, or played and was successful (or lucky) with mediocre hands, you should have used this information to crush him.  Instead, you pushed with an average hand, had the fortune of being in better shape than you should have been (had his J 9 dominated), yet still got extremely unlucky.

I imagine the tournament this occurred in was a freeroll, but you still have to use your opponent's play against them.  Pushing with J 10 wasn't the right hand to confront him with.  Wait for A's, K's, Q's, or A K and put your money in the middle knowing you're more than likely the pre-flop favorite.  If you still get outdrawn, take satisfaction in knowing you put yourself in the best situation possible to double up, yet was unlucky to lose.

The best players don't always win every tournament they play, but what they ALWAYS do is put themselves in the best situations possible to win even though they lost.
Bours1966
2 star member

Re: I wonder if sites r rigged

Postby Bours1966 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:55 am

aggyman wrote:Call me a bad loser, but i swear games r rigged sumtimes!!i was playing an idiot who raised every hand.so i made him all in with J 10.not the best hand no, but he had J 9. Felt good, till it flopped 9 4 9.I couldnt beleive this.LUCK LUCK Ne1 know way i coulda played this better.remember this guy was an idiot!!

Aggyman

Sometimes sites seem like they are rigged, I have gone on really cold runs of cards before but have gone on hot runs of cards too.  Sometimes the cold run of cards will last over 3 months.  You can't blame the site all the time.  First of all the one mistake I first notice is that you are using the all-in, from now on you should start seeing more flops, and learn to start playing hands after the flop.  All-in on J10 is not smart regardless of what your opponent has in his hand.  No offense but you are no better, J10 is hardly good at all and you were relying on just as much luck as he was.  If you see opponents like that wait for a good hand and catch them.  Its really not that hard, we all get cold runs of cards it happens.  And yes there was a time when I thought like you, but im over that now.  If I am winning money how can sites be rigged against me?  I ask myself that question and realize that these sites aren't rigged as much as it seems like they are.  Bad Beats happen, probably more often than what they should but hey thats poker buddy.
Oushe1971
1 star member

Postby Oushe1971 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:20 pm

I know it feels like they are rigged, but it really is just the luck of the draw. If you watch poker on TV you will see some hands that appear to be rigged but they are not.

rrocker
Courpastruce
3 star member

Postby Courpastruce » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:56 pm

no they are not rigged you just remember idoit play more.  think of total hands played.  you win more hands with good cards and win bigger pots with bad cards.  that is why you remember.
Muct1974
1 star member

rigged games?

Postby Muct1974 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:18 pm

I think sometimes sites are rigged also,there is no way some of the crap cards that people play every hand and hit can be anything but rigged.I have heard of people working for different sites sitting in at games but have no evidence to back this up
Milise
1 star member

Postby Milise » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:59 pm

First off yes it's rigged, but I have 2 simple steps that will help you avoid them cheating you.

1. Tin foil hat, I cant express how important the tin foil hat is not only does it block your opponents from seeing your hole cards, but it also stops them from reading your thoughts. You don’t want them to know that you're going to raise before you do.

2. Troll doll. Now you might think that this is just a children toy but it is not. You should always have a troll doll within view when playing online, if you get dealt Ac Kc look at the doll if it appears that the hair is blowing in the wind that’s a sure sign of a bad beat. But if it calls out you cards before the hand is dealt then you can be assured that you can win no matter what you cards are.

But if I had to go with one or the other I would take the hat I just can’t stand the thought of people reading my mind.
Buseagnight

Postby Buseagnight » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:04 pm

there has to be some sites that are rigged,there is no way peopel continue to hit with the worst hands possible.I could see it happening a few times but I have been at tables where someone goes all in 4 or 5 times in a row with really crappy hands and still hit.
Theirthe
3 star member

Postby Theirthe » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:31 am

i think some sites are river rats like Absolute Poker and a few others. also if you watch the players they play like fools so there tends to be more bad beats. that would happen in a live game to.

Return to “Q & A”