Not rigged..

Questions & Answers. Did you play that hand right? Ask the other forum members.

Moderator: Moderator

Begaind
2 star member

how to know when you're being cheated?

Postby Begaind » Fri May 12, 2006 8:02 am

Sometimes lately, I feel like a player can see exactly what I've got in my hand. Is there any way to figure out if people have somekind of software that they can cheat with?
Gagoem
4 star member

Postby Gagoem » Fri May 12, 2006 10:02 am

This is a fear that we all have.  That our opponent or opponents have an unfair advantage over us.  While I can't say that online poker is 100% fair, I can say that it's not rigged either.

The safest thing you can do to avoid being cheated is to stay away from the high buy-in sit and go's.  I say this because you may have 4 or 5 people who are working together against you.
Sages1989
3 star member

Postby Sages1989 » Fri May 19, 2006 9:15 am

rambojr03

hi. nice advice.

not 100% fair and not rigged???

ok,

donvic
Couser
3 star member

Postby Couser » Fri May 19, 2006 9:21 pm

yea i get that feeling sometimes.dam got AA every one folds.but maybe they just didn't have a hand.hmmmm.happenns over and over.i think  that online poker is crazy.do you call hoping to hit something? do you chase? what about all in before the flop?.should i try to make it to the river and make sure i got the stone cold nuts.hmmmmmm.one dam crazy game.but i for one don't think people can see your cards,but again you never know.evidentaly they didn't in the tourneys i've won.lol.c ya on the felt.
Thencass
1 star member

Postby Thencass » Wed May 31, 2006 1:34 am

That always comes into my mind when I get beat by players that are obviously clueless.  Online play will always have parity, but live is really frustrating.  All you can do is put yourself in position to win and hope.
Joyaloorg

Not rigged..

Postby Joyaloorg » Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:19 pm

Sites aren't rigged, and no one can see your cards because they are not sent to the other players until the end of the hand.

You do need to be careful of collusion though.  If several people are talking on aim, msn, etc, they could work together.
Samough69
1 star member

Postby Samough69 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:58 pm

This is a fear that we all have.  That our opponent or opponents have an unfair advantage over us.  While I can't say that online poker is 100% fair, I can say that it's not rigged either.

The safest thing you can do to avoid being cheated is to stay away from the high buy-in sit and go's.  I say this because you may have 4 or 5 people who are working together against you.

Return to “Q & A”