i have to agree with rambo

Questions & Answers. Did you play that hand right? Ask the other forum members.

Moderator: Moderator

Courpastruce
3 star member

SIT-OUTS

Postby Courpastruce » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:35 pm

a two parter here.

why would you want to sit-out and how can it be fixed at sites that dont bump?

more forums are giving out passwords later and later and this seems to work for the most part but it makes hard to get while playing other games.  each forum should take notes of these players and not allow them in the next game. the exuse is i was going to play but something came up does not fly cause just write them down and reg. when you know your going to play and this will me it nicer for all who do play.
Gagoem
4 star member

Postby Gagoem » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:14 am

Sit-outs will continue to be a problem until the Poker sites (such as Titan Poker, Fair Poker, etc.) do something about it.  It'd be nice if all of these sites handled the situation like Absolute Poker does (it's one of the reasons they're among my favorite poker sites I play at); to remove them after the first level of blinds.

I think it'll take a grass-roots approach from many of us players to let Titan Poker and the like know how we feel about this situation.  I'm sure if they received thousands upon thousands of complaints, they'd have no choice but to modify their software to remove these players.  Until that happens (or a major boycott is threatened), I don't see this issue going away anytime soon.
Macy1974
2 star member

Postby Macy1974 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:17 am

I hate sitting out but sometimes when I'm playing poker people come to my house without notice and I have to sit out or when tourneys are early and I have to ran errands.
Gagoem
4 star member

Postby Gagoem » Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:46 pm

I hear you Gina.  I don't like sitting out either, but sometimes life requires us to be away from the computer, and I think we can all agree that a "freeroll" is at the bottom of our priority lists!  :wink:
Olonceed
1 star member

what should be done to sit-outs!

Postby Olonceed » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:41 pm

I think a 30 minute-to-make-it-zone should be introduced on most sites where if the player hasnt played in half an hour they automatically get the boot. It can be soul-destroying playing on a table of 10 and only 2 of you areplaying! Ive even had it one day where i was the only one playing! :evil:
Werseemse
2 star member

Postby Werseemse » Sat May 06, 2006 9:19 am

i agree time limits need to be endured,

but i also think that noble/titan allow sitouts is that pepople do play on sister sites and so allow players to go from one site to another

Absolute, which is one of my fav sites  remove after level 2 doesn't have a sister site so aint bothered
Vared1991
2 star member

Postby Vared1991 » Sat May 06, 2006 10:16 am

i know william hill throws you out after about 15 mins think ultimate does the same, unless other sites do the same there are always going to be sitouts especially in freerolls
Deace1973
3 star member

Postby Deace1973 » Sat May 06, 2006 1:09 pm

It is the last all in hand that is the biggest annoyance for myself when they keep getting lucky and wont go and sometimes even end up cashing in the tourny.  Only site I know of that has this sorted out is Bodog where a sitout auto folds even if they are all in. It is an example theat other sites should adopt.

8)
Thencass
1 star member

Postby Thencass » Wed May 31, 2006 1:35 am

I like sit outs.  They discourage others from registering into a smaller field than it seems.  They give you free money and make the bubble go faster if the blinds are timed so.  They also make it easy to steal blinds.
Loguich

Sit-outs

Postby Loguich » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:47 am

I like to raise and steal their blinds
Coubled
1 star member

Postby Coubled » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:43 pm

i believe sitting out is helpful when you gain a chip lead. I find when i continue straight through with a lot of chips i play more reckless and lose them ultimately. a 5 or 10 min break is never a bad idea.
Gaid1973
2 star member

i have to agree with rambo

Postby Gaid1973 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:45 pm

another great absolute quality.....how they address sitouts.....even though ive paid the price when running late to the table only to see woohoo sue  with 0 in chips just before i see my seat vacated(i could of just cried...and i think i did)........even though it happened to me, I still believe it is the right strategy for eliminating the sitterouters.....one step further though..... when the huge stacks later in play sit out......i think a 20 min limit on sitting out should also be something to ponder to avoid the " make money fast then sitout" play.... dislike that too..... having a sitout on final table is a slap in the face to those who played all night and invested time..
Reak1974
3 star member

Postby Reak1974 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:02 am

I find the number of sit-outs is due to the increase in Ipoker skins and more forums increasing the number of freerolls. Players register for tournaments on both Titan and CD at the same time. So you have to sit-out at one until you get knocked out of the other.
Girese
1 star member

Postby Girese » Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:55 pm

sitting out is ok if you cannot control your own play. You must first accumulate chips, and watch to see what your starter is. then play if u must.

Return to “Q & A”