whwywhw

How to play a specific hand. Remember to mention if the question concerns Hold'em/Ohama/Stud, Limit/No-Limit, Ring game/Tourney.

Moderator: Moderator

Wiffew
2 star member

Postby Wiffew » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:43 pm

when you play the .25/.50 games people will call with everything on every card cause its just change..and of course the worse cards win
Teare1970
1 star member

Postby Teare1970 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:58 pm

I think that you should quit when you are 2X what you started with. Now that's very hard considering that most ppl start with very little. I deposited with 10 dollars and intantly brought it up to 130. I decided that i wanted to cash out and was proud of myself. But most poker channels have a raked hand policy that doesn't allow you to cash out. So, when i cashed out they rejected it saying that i needed to play more before i could cash out. Therefore i did i made my way up to $300. I then lost 60 to $240.

You start to get careless at this stage. I think the best thing to do is to take a brake and relax, come back in a day and play again with a clear mind to further building your roll.

Anyways i wanted to get that 60 bucks back fast and sat down at the $5 no limit table. I lost the $240 in about 5 hours. i went all in with AK against a bully stack hoping that he would call because i reraised him and he ended up having AA. My roll is gone and i'm bitter.

The name of the game is patience. Play the high limit table if you have the roll. You can have hope to build up your money. Patience is everything, only play prime hands and bet the pot don;t play around and go all in. There is the chance that you will get callers and possible lose your roll.
Laidearks
2 star member

Postby Laidearks » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:01 pm

i normally stay until i dont feel like playin...but if your up in money....and you dont feel like risking it....get out
Thersemeaten94
2 star member

Postby Thersemeaten94 » Mon May 22, 2006 9:52 pm

I have days when I just feel like I can't win no matter what I do. Then, I have days when I am on top of the world and winning all the time. It sounds strange, but it's true.
Frook1971
4 star member

Postby Frook1971 » Fri May 26, 2006 2:46 pm

Sit in until you don't feel comfortable anymore. If that is because you've decided that your edge on the field has shrank, then leave. Did you win by getting lucky? Then you might want to leave once your hot streak is over. If you concentrating on how much you have on the table then your not going to play your best. So leave.

Return to “How to play hand X”