Low pocket pairs backfire on AP

How to play a specific hand. Remember to mention if the question concerns Hold'em/Ohama/Stud, Limit/No-Limit, Ring game/Tourney.

Moderator: Moderator

Edis1975

low pocket pairs

Postby Edis1975 » Sat May 06, 2006 10:37 pm

How do you all play your opening pocket pairs (22 - 77).  Unless they hit on the flop they seem to backfire on me a great deal?  Should I change my strategy?  Please help!
Hadvaid
1 star member

Low pocket pairs backfire on AP

Postby Hadvaid » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:05 pm

The low pocket pairs, 22-77, or even up to 10-10 seem to fail me alot on AP. Ive made a rule just for AP that if u get dealt a PP, someone else at the table probably has one or higher. It just seems to occur alot for me on this site for some reason.

For that reason I do play pocket pairs but only if they can hit trips on the flop usually. If you play 88-JJ they are great hands but u gotta be able to fold them if overcards come on the flop and people raise, or u get re-raised preflop. QQ-AA ive seen pple lose to higher pocket pair like QQ vs KK, but thats how poker is. I cant turn down QQ-AA unless i could really read the persons hand.

I would play low pocket pairs differently in real life, but for AP purposes I feel u shouldnt play 22-77 big unless u hit trips on flop.

Return to “How to play hand X”