bluuff

How to play a specific hand. Remember to mention if the question concerns Hold'em/Ohama/Stud, Limit/No-Limit, Ring game/Tourney.

Moderator: Moderator

Prefte
1 star member

the most difficult hand

Postby Prefte » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:17 pm

72o is for many the worst hand ever, but it can also be a very strong hand when you want to bluff. knowing that you have a loosing hand is the best way to be objectif and make you feel confident with your bluff. what do you think?
Dientiong
5 star member

Postby Dientiong » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:41 pm

I think the point you are trying to make is a valid one:  It is best to bluff with a hand you can easily get away from.  This is one of the lessons I learned from the best tournament player I know of.  It's pretty sound advice.
Arame1986

Postby Arame1986 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:20 am

I HATE Bluffers, and I HATE to be called one...

Hate is probably a little strong?

Ok everyone bluffs every once in a while....

7 2 is as good a hand as any to bluff with...  I personally don't like it because you might get called by small stack going all in and then you are going to double him up!!!

Why not a small pocket pair to bluff with...  That is what I like to bluff with... I can easily fold them because I usually don't play them...

well you asked for my opinion and there it is....
Younnoullits
2 star member

7 2

Postby Younnoullits » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:13 pm

the only time a 7 2 is a good bluff is if for 2 bets the table shows weakness the the odds are a good bluff will buy you the pot
Reak1974
3 star member

Postby Reak1974 » Wed May 31, 2006 10:15 pm

I consider betting out large with a J-9 o to be a bluff. I guess i would only semi-bluff. But i see your point a bluff is a bluff, your playing the player and it doesn,t matter what cards your holding. I have used a complete bluff on the Blinds when i was the larger stack and they were on the bubble for example.
Mespirst
3 star member

Bluffing Poker

Postby Mespirst » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:04 am

:D   Hey DigDough!  How are you doing?  Good I hope.  I disagree and agree with two of your points, so this way you can't get mad at me!!  Disagree point first:  Why don't you like to bluff?  If we take bluffing  out of poker, the game couldn't exist.  You agree with me, right?

Now the agree point:  From what I've heard, 7,2, is the worst hand to get in poker.  Why would one want to bluff with that, it's the classic lay-down hand.  Now, a small pocket pair is a different story, I agree with you.  You have many more outs with a small pocket pair.  Against any two high cards, other than high pocket pairs, if gargage flops you already are one step ahead.  Imagine, then, if you end up with a trip?  The ball game is over, take your money and laugh all the way to the bank.   :lol:    :wink:
Hadvaid
1 star member

72 only good for demoralizing

Postby Hadvaid » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:01 pm

I would rather choose a hand like 23 suited then 72 for bluffing in general. The only time I would choose 72 is if I felt like playing it or I was BB and everyone checks to flop and i hit ridiculous flop. I think this hands best strategy is messing your opponents game up when they see u kept with 72 the whole time when good overcards came.

Playing 23 suited will help u get more straights and flushes while at the same time convince ur opponents u shouldnt be playing 23 suited so they might call your raises thinking its a bluff.
Mosely80
1 star member

bluuff

Postby Mosely80 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:37 pm

if u wannt to bluf fu should play a suited connector preflop an if u miss bet it strongly and make the people think u are strong but i would rather bluff with a hand like AK if the flop is rags
Farome
1 star member

Postby Farome » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:37 pm

7 2os i class as the worsest hand in poker its completly useless you cant flop a straight or nothin and even if you do get the top pair on the flop you have the crapest kicker

Return to “How to play hand X”