all in

How to play a specific hand. Remember to mention if the question concerns Hold'em/Ohama/Stud, Limit/No-Limit, Ring game/Tourney.

Moderator: Moderator

Brocamens
1 star member

Postby Brocamens » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:25 pm

I think it all depends on the type of players at the table.  If you only call, then you probably are going to need to hit something to win the pot.
Sade1973
3 star member

Postby Sade1973 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:51 am

raise or not you decide how to play your cards, me i play my cards the way i like to play them.
Refereall84
1 star member

Re: AK unsuited

Postby Refereall84 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:14 pm

A K is one of the best hands thatI ever held I would call except all in with a small stack.
Pasuded
1 star member

Postby Pasuded » Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:16 pm

Yes I would call araise and most likely only get away from the hand if I raise, it is then reraised, and third player reraises again. You're now up against AA or KK and should lay it down.
Wolut1970
1 star member

Postby Wolut1970 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:49 pm

Big slick is way over rated.As you say it can be beaten by a pair of dueces. I might do a raise with it if it is suited but I wouldnt go all in with it unless short stacked and ready to blind out!
Arame1986

Postby Arame1986 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:16 am

Pocket AA everyone's favorite, and everyone expects them to win every time so everyone goes all in with them all the time...

The most I have ever made on Pocket AA is when I flopped AA with them...  I had not raised before the flop so no one suspected what was about to happen...

There were 5 hands in and the rest of the cards were K Q J not in that order...

When I checked everyone bet a little and I never raised until after the river always checking to them and calling...

Everyone was still in when I moved all my chips in...  3 of the remaining 4 called my all in...

If you dont hit and you think someone else has two pair or better, then you fold it just like it was a 2 3 o

That is the way that I play them...
Bours1966
2 star member

Postby Bours1966 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:01 pm

shakedown wrote:It depends on the size of the raise, how aggresive the table has been, how tight or loose the player that made the raise is, your position, the size of your stack, limit or no-limit, etc. Well I guess that doesn't answer your question does it? :lol: Big slick is a premium hand whether its suited or not, so I would definately think about calling a raise or even better re-raising a small raise. You are a slight preflop underdog even to small pocket pairs so you have to be careful with your post flop play if you don't hit your hand. But its still not a hand that I am going to throw away too often preflop unless I am convinced that someone has pocket aces or pocket kings.

I agree it really depends on the table that your playing at.  If the guy who raised is a really conservative player than you may want to fold or call but if the guy is a loose player than you probably want to put him all-in because your mind tells you that you got the better hand and you probably do.
Inquen
1 star member

all in

Postby Inquen » Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:46 pm

at the right time, raise a little if you dont flop a ace or king.
Inquen
1 star member

all in

Postby Inquen » Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:50 pm

head to head, go for it. after a small flop raise a little if you dont flop a ace or king. otherwise, go for it!!

Return to “How to play hand X”